Newshub

Saw news headlines before on Three … Briar Marbeck is presenting Newshub Late tonight (for the first time I believe…?)

2 Likes

Great to see some new talent on our screens! It is indeed her first time presenting. Briar adds to the list of people to have presented Newshub Late - Samantha Hayes, Sacha McNeil, Jenny Suo, Gemma Coombe, Mitch McCann, Melissa Davies, Alex O’Hara, Janika ter Ellen and Susie Nordqvist.

2 Likes

I think it’s great that Newshub is using their vast array of on-air talent in different roles.

Personally, as a viewer, it shows you the versatility of the Newshub journalists. Being able to report on TV, host a radio talk show, writing pieces for digital … it truly proves the ideology of Newshub: being across all platforms, in whatever capacity that might be, to tell audiences what’s going on in their world.

Very impressed. And I’m sure there are more new faces we’ll see popping up in anchor positions. Newshub Late is the perfect show for that.

4 Likes

Yeah it is good to see new talent - they all so far seem more than capable.

Sorry to change the subject… I hope over the break someone takes a looks at The AM Show’s graphics and give them a refresh. What do you guys think of them?

Looks quite cheap to me when you compare them to the Newshub bulletins. If it were me I would continue the Newshub brand and use the same graphics - just changing the colour, size etc to suit the AM show.

2 Likes

I would love to see the return of a two-presenter format with Newshub Late. It worked great in the days of Joanna Paul and Belinda Todd, then with Sam Hayes and David Farrier, you could also add Paul Henry and Janika ter Ellen to that mix. Banter would create a point of difference to 1 News Tonight and adds to the quirkiness of Three’s late night bulletins that viewers have been familiar with since they first started. One can only dream…

2 Likes

I would like to see this too. I wasn’t a fan of Newsworthy with Farrier but if they got the hosts right like Paul & Janika would be so good. I would suggest Rawdon Christie could do a late news show like this

I made a rough mock up, thoughts ?

Basline 2LiVE LOCBasline 1Ticker

2 Likes

So much better !!! Make it happen @theGradyConnell !

Do you reckon the Newshub ticker would be better with logo in the corner like in their bulletins …
894318acd131ea9667fa1d82c8a6bed61e1a30ea

2 Likes

I think the ticker would be a combined tease, frequency, coming up, headlines set up.

I took the idea further

WEATHERNHTickerLIVE LOCATIONOPEN

2 Likes

The set is a mess to much colour clash and too much clutter on the desk.

Would be such an improvement. Weather especially looks so good…please tell them how it should be!

1 Like

That mock is so much better to the current graphics on the AM Show, I think the Breakfast graphics are quite a lot better to the current AM Show graphics. I agree, it would be good to see Mediaworks give bring the AM Show graphics inline with Newshub Graphics.

1 Like

(27/10/2017) Simon Shepherd presenting Newshub Live at 4pm this afternoon.

5 Likes

Isobel Ewing presenting Newshub Late for the first time tonight.

2 Likes

(4/11/2017) Susie Nordqvist presenting with Tom McRae on Newshub Live at 6pm this weekend.

Susie is filling in for Mel who will present with Mike come Monday. Sam is currently on assignment in Antarctica.

2 Likes

That explains why Mel was on with Mike on the 6pm bulletin last night and why Gemma Coombe was presenting the 4pm bulletin on Thursday and Friday.

3 Likes

Nadine Higgins filled in for Kanoa tonight on The Project.

There were no news headlines at the start of the show tonight & hardly because of more pressing issues to get on with… Biscuit of the Year (cringe) followed by a story why mowing your lawn is bad for the planet.
Led with them after first ads

Newish feature at the end of The Project called ‘What we learned’
Guest host says “If you’ve just tuned in to see… , here is what we have learned tonight” & the 3 hosts give a very brief rundown

Does The Project Aus do this too?

Edit to add Dianna Vezich is presenting Newshub Late tonight for the first time

5 Likes

(13/11/2017) Wilhelmina Shrimpton presenting Newshub Late Monday to Wednesday this week. Her first time presenting this bulletin.

3 Likes