Newshub

Noooooo. I’m all for replacing Josh but nooooo.

I kinda feel like The Project is plodding along though. Hasn’t really had any big viral moments to make you sit up and take notice.

1 Like

Eh, I don’t think Guy Williams would do good on the project, not that it matters to me as I don’t watch the show.

Now showing footage during the opener…

2 Likes

Newshub only ever does this if there is a significant story leading the news. Otherwise most evenings they keep to the traditional opener.

4 Likes

Sacha McNeil has been presenting Newshub Late since Jenny Suo left for TVNZ. Mediaworks told the Herald “a replacement will be announced in due course”… if Sacha is the permanent replacement would they not have announced it already ? Maybe a new format next year with diff host(s)?

I’ve heard that Newshub will be rotating some of their reporters to host Newshub Late.

1 Like

(28/9/2017) Alex O’Hara presenting Newshub Late this evening, possibly her first time presenting a Newshub bulletin.

7 Likes

Ingrid Hipkiss & Melodie Robinson filling in for Amanda Gillies & Mark Richardson this week on The AM Show.

8 Likes

Mike Puru presenting weather on Newshub Live at 6pm this weekend (7-8/10/2017). Alex O’Hara presented weather during the week while Ingrid was on the AM Show.

2 Likes

(9-11/10/2017) Alex O’Hara presented Newshub Late Monday to Wednesday this week.

Sacha McNeil presented Newshub Live at 4pm Thursday and Friday this week in addition to fronting Newshub Late (12-13/10/2017).

4 Likes

Melissa Davies presenting with Mike McRoberts this evening.

1 Like

Mitch McCann presenting Newshub Late tonight. His debut as a news anchor.

4 Likes

Sacha McNeil presenting with Mike McRoberts this evening.

3 Likes

(19/10/2017) Melissa Davies and Mike McRoberts hosting breaking news coverage with Lisa Owen in studio. Coverage began about 10 minutes before Newshub Live at 6pm was due to start.

5 Likes

Just to add … Newshub Live at 4pm broadcast from the main Newshub studio this afternoon, NOT the Prime virtual set where it usually comes from.

3 Likes

I am surprised Newshub didn’t take over at 7:30pm tonight after the project following the announcement of a new government. Would have been good to see Lisa Owen anchor coverage until 8:30 at least. Instead it opted for Modern Family which has returned to the channel after a number of years of obscurity on Prime and Hamish and Andy after that.

I would’ve liked to see The Project have rolling coverage until Jacinda spoke, like Seven Sharp. It would’ve tested the team’s ability to present insightful analysis in the wake of an important news item. Great idea to have Marama Fox on as the 4th panelist. She should be a regular.

Those breaking news graphics are so ugly compared to the rest of the Newshub graphics

2 Likes

Agreed, the font on that Breaking News bar looks very ITN 2005.
imagehttps://i.ytimg.com/vi/r5LK2OBrtj4/hqdefault.jpg

2 Likes

Yep, I agree it wasn’t handled well. I would have gone to break at 7:10, continued Sport, updated the election, break, weather 7:25ish, then on to the Project for at least half an hour (probably drag it out to an hour after we learned of Adern’s pending announcement.

Hardly worth screening Modern Family or H&A when there’s news about.