Newshub

I would rule out Janika ter Ellen or Melissa Davies as they have commitments elsewhere (Janika - Prime News weekend anchor & Melissa - Newshub weekend anchor) and I don’t think presenting late news would be a step up for them. Great gig for Gemma Coombe being a fresh new face in an anchor role.

From what I’ve heard they aren’t using AR graphics this year but there will be a small change to the Newshub set (sources say). Would love to be surprised however and see virtual/AR used in their coverage.

2 Likes

Was 3 News’ election coverage AR though or just a keyed in image on a static shot in the set?

AR, using STYPE jib shot.

The Nation show interrupted during live show this morning due to a fire alarm at TV3 studios.

8 Likes

Tom McRae presenting with Samantha Hayes tonight.

Sascha McNeil presenting NewsHub late tonight.

This could be irrelevant :joy: . but Interested to know what you guys think, what set do you believe was the best from 3NEWS - NEWSHUB?
This includes any sets from any of Mediaworks News and Current Affairs offerings of past and present! - I Will insert my two cents and say the set from 2008-2016. I thought that still had Potential for the Launch of Newshub aswell, was really ahead of it’s time and quite original. ( don’t get me wrong the Newshub set is good as well :joy: )

9 Likes

Hmm original maybe but the backlit walls reminded me a lot of 2003-2008 one news set

Everything about that set was spot-on except for the desks.

This was a stunning news set - one of the best!

This was such a great improvement for 3 News coming into 2008. I think that when Sunrise was on-air they could’ve catered more to the versatility of the set by changing the panels and adding props (bookshelves, plants etc.) to create a more homely appeal. When Story and Newsworthy came to be, the set still proved for excellent presentation, with the implementation of the video wall, new panels and new desks.

It was a nice modern set at the time but it dated pretty quick I reckon, 7 years of the same set is a bit long!

I think the look of the 2011 refresh didn’t particularly help.

Newshub anchor Mike McRoberts on his battle to leave TVNZ.

2 Likes

What’s happened to him, wasn’t he hosting Newshub not that long ago?

He still is. He left TVNZ in the early 2000s.

1 Like

An idea for The Project 2018. Feel free to disagree !

Get Paddy Gower on board to replace Jesse Mulligan as frontman. But don’t get rid of Jesse - it’ll be John Campbell leaving all over again (ok, a smaller scale, but still.)

Replace funnyman Josh with Jesse. It’s not much of a step down. He does a lot of the show funnies at the moment anyway and his background is also in comedy.

Gower would bring a whole new dynamic to The Project.
Thoughts?

1 Like

I reckon replace Jesse with Paddy and Josh with Guy Williams. Then have Lisa Owen as Political Editor.

That side guy isn’t even funny, Guy Williams certainly isn’t and Paddy is overrated. Wouldn’t bother me either way as I don’t watch it :joy: