Newshub

Ross Karl presenting sport and Mike Puru doing weather on Newshub Live at 6pm tonight (26/8/2017).

1 Like

Newshub & Facebook have joined forces to bring the first Facebook Live studio to New Zealand. Today it launched on Newshub’s Facebook page.

Sources say Facebook picked Newshub to launch this studio because of its innovation on social media, such as it’s 360 video partnership with Samsung - the first network in New Zealand to use 360 videos.

Looking forward to seeing how Newshub uses this studio space. Looks really nice although the camera angle needs some adjusting and the audio was out of sync.

NH_fblive

5 Likes

Very cool! Can I see an example of this overseas to compare?
How much of it does Facebook provide to the studio?

Ross Karl presenting sport Wednesday and Friday to Sunday this week on Newshub Live at 6pm.

2 Likes

Newshub Political Editor Patrick Gower getting ready for tonight’s Newshub Leaders Debate, LIVE from the Vodafone Events Centre in Auckland. (from Lisa Owen/Twitter)

4 Likes

(9/9/2017) Simon Shepherd presenting with Melissa Davies on Newshub Live at 6pm with Emma Brannam filling in on the weather.

1 Like

Does this annoy anyone else? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Just you, but I will now…

I will try to fix it next time I’m at work.

2 Likes

Lol it’s the small things… once I noticed it I can’t unsee it! How would you go about fixing that?

1 Like

It’s as easy as adding paper underneath to boost the height of the perspex to better align the it.

2 Likes

Jenny Suo signed off for the final time tonight.

1 Like

She’s heading off to One News, hopefully not as another reporter on Seven Sharp.

1 Like

That came as a shock! Best of luck to her!

1 Like

Any thoughts on who will replace her? Gemma Coombe?

1 Like

I would say so… it looks like they’ve been grooming her for it. Funny that when Suo reported for now-defunct Newsworthy, she did a story on TVNZ and was asked by Wendy Petrie if she was looking for a job :joy:

2 Likes

I wonder if the Newshub Decision 17 coverage will use the technology that they used in the last general election coverage??! :thinking::joy: IMG_5459

1 Like

If Sacha McNeil doesn’t present Newshub Late five nights a week then my tip would be Gemma. Janika ter Ellen or Melissa Davies could also fit into the role quite nicely as well so I wouldn’t rule them out.

3 Likes

Yes I think Kim Vinnell would be quite good too (come to think of it, does she still work for Mediaworks?) or would Three look at giving Nadine Chalmers-Ross a permanent gig?

2 Likes

I like Sacha. Wish she would present 5 nights.

4 Likes

Kim was only freelancing for Newshub, and is based in Turkey now. Great presenter nonetheless.

3 Likes