Newshub

No AM Show today for some reason???

1 Like

It’s Queens Birthday and unless it’s Waitangi or Anzac Day, the early morning shows don’t run on public holidays. Breakfast is also off, although TVNZ1 is showing the concert for Manchester.

4 Likes

News and current affairs shows in NZ don’t do public holidays or the Christmas-New year period except for 6pm bulletins. As mentioned above Waitangi Day and Anzac Day are the exception. Although three didn’t have any news programming on Anzac Day this year except for newshub at 6pm.

2 Likes

Oddly enough tonight there is The Project NZ on air but tvnz isn’t doing seven sharp.

2 Likes

Jenny Suo is filling in for Melissa Davies on Newshub Live at 6pm this weekend (17th & 18th June). Melissa is reporting on the America’s Cup race in Bermuda.

1 Like

Utterly bizarre from Newshub tonight. A cracking exclusive from Lloyd Burr about Pike River, one of the biggest stories in NZ history, was third behind America’s Cup (which still has at least five races to go) and a sad car crash in Hamilton. I know the lead isn’t everything but feel they had it wrong there.

Sacha McNeil presenting Newshub Live at 6pm this evening with Mike McRoberts (23/06/2017). She also presented the 6pm bulletin on Tuesday this week.

1 Like

Also hosting Newshub Late tonight

1 Like

Yep, she double-stinted last Friday too.

1 Like

Jenny Suo presenting Newshub Live at 6pm again this weekend with Tom McRae (24th & 25th June 2017).

Sacha McNeil presenting the late edition tonight.

Nadine Chalmers Ross is Co-Hosting The Project NZ

30/06/17

3 Likes

Political reporter Maiki Sherman has left Newshub to join TVNZ as a reporter for Seven Sharp. She filed her first story tonight.

She must have absolutely loathed her previous job as well as the journalism profession if she joined that show. At least it will be an easy gig though its not like they have to investigate or report anything substantial.

May I ask what what her first story was about?

1 Like

Her first story was on a group of ‘Lion Tamers’, three men finding a ‘Sugar daddy’ to get tickets for the third test of the Lions rugby tour of NZ against the All Blacks.

Thanks Screentower for uploading the episode. After seeing the story/PR piece I sadly have to stand by my comments :joy:

3 Likes

Another excellent reporter that Newshub has lost to TVNZ…

1 Like

The Breaking News graphic has been replaced with a strap, as seen on Newshub Live at 4pm today:

4 Likes

old one was better

4 Likes

Simon Shepherd filling in for Mike McRoberts on Newshub Live at 6pm this evening (7/7/2017).