Newshub

Sacha McNeil and Simon Shepherd presenting this Good Friday - Nikki Styris on sport and Mike Puru on weather.

1 Like

I would have loved to see Mike on weather.

Anyone got a video of it?

1 Like

I hope so… I’d like to hear him promote the 7pm movie on TV2 again!

1 Like

This was one of his first segments in January :grin: Might I add he is a natural!

1 Like

Does anyone know why Josh Thompson is frequently absent from The Project? Despite only launching recently he seems to be away at least once or twice a week. I know he had that movie to promote at some point but surely his bosses wouldn’t be generous enough to give him so much time off so early after the show has started.

1 Like

Not sure but the show dynamic seems considerably better when Ben Hurley or Jeremy Elwood stand in.

3 Likes

Agreed, I wonder if Ben Hurley was considered for the gig or just wanted to fill in as needed. After his first appearance I thought why wasn’t he given the job as he was great.

1 Like

Oh how times have changed. Newshub have gone on holiday for Anzac day and only the 6pm bulletin will air. All 1 News programmes are on air for Anzac day.

And here is the TV promo that went along with it

A great advertising campaign in my opinion.

8 Likes

Agreed.

There was also one around the Japan quake of that year but can’t remember if there were any others.

1 Like

No bulletins running today except for Live at 6pm, TVNZ running all bulletins as per any other day. I would’ve even liked to see some sort of Anzac Day special this morning :unamused:

3 Likes

You aren’t the only one. I was speaking to a radio reader today and he agreed. Even noodle updates from the Prime suite or Newsroom with footage and/or audio being supplied by reporters already at events like they would be doing for a 6PM report.

@theGradyConnell Was The Project on tonight??

1 Like

No, Fail Army was on instead.

1 Like

Mel Davies and Hamish Clark presenting Live at 6pm tonight.

1 Like

How does Newshub rate? Are numbers up following the revamp?

No guesses here. If you’re referring to TEN, they had all new episodes of Studio 10, The Project and local editions of Eyewitness News today.

1 Like

Gemma Coombe filling in on Late tonight.

3 Likes

Here are some caps from tonight.

3 Likes

I really love that set.

4 Likes

Was digging through some of my old OLD hard drives and found a semi-corrupt video but was able to pull stills of The Nation from 2011

2 Likes