Newshub

From what I’ve seen Suo presents Monday - Wednesday and McNeil presents Thursday and Friday.

1 Like

My understanding is Alex Ohara (who presents Newshub weather on weekends) produces Newshub Late Monday - Wednesday but has Thursday and Friday off. Jenny Suo produces the show Thursday - Friday, hence why Sacha McNeil presents those days.

4 Likes

Tom McRae presenting with Samantha Hayes on Newshub Live at 6pm tonight (24/3).

2 Likes

Eddy Bartholomew crossing to The Project tonight. You would never see this in Australia :laughing:

13 Likes

Surely they could have used one of the 3 or 4 reporters that TEN currently have in the effected regions at the moment, does Three have an affiliation with the 7 network somehow? I thought I’d seen the network crossing to Lachlan Kennedy in the Brisbane newsroom a couple of times now.

2 Likes

IIRC TVNZ have a sales affiliation with Seven, but I would think that Three are aligned with Nine.

I thought Nine is the longtime Australian affiliate of TVNZ/One News (similar to how both TVNZ and Nine use ABC for US content, etc.), although I could be wrong on that.

1 Like

Well from what I see on Three all the time, they seem to buy a lot of programs from Nine.

Newshub does also get some Seven news reports.

Pinning @theGradyConnell

1 Like

TVNZ is affiliated with Nine and occasionally sources material from the ABC as well (mainly longer form).

Newshub is affiliated with Seven and Ten, their Australian correspondent is based at Martin Place. They’re more likely to use a Seven report filed than Ten but seem to have access to both of their reporters for crosses if required. How they decide on that, I’m not sure. I’m guessing that because The Project wanted a cross between 7-7:30 NZT (5-5:30 on the eastern seaboard), using a Seven reporter may have been easier as it would have clashed with Ten’s news and use of resources but that’s a total guess.

8 Likes

Their Australian sales are handled by Seven Affiliate Sales, which is owned by Prime and handles Prime7, GWN7, Seven’s Queensland O&O stations and the Southern Cross 7 affiliates.

1 Like

This doesn’t change the fact that resources will have been tied up at 5pm eastern and we all know how stretched Ten’s resources are so it’s probably likely they couldn’t spare anything for a live cross to New Zealand.

And your second part is just plain incorrect, Newshub crossed to Hugh Riminton for a story about 6 weeks ago from the Ten news desk.

1 Like

From what I know we pick up 7 News stories which is where the main affiliation lies, Sophie Lowery is the Newshub Australia Reporter and I believe files for 7 also.

Newshub also draws on the resources of TEN, E.G. Hugh Riminton, @lachlan_kennedy and others for live crosses, the reason the project used a 7 News reporter was due to TEN having other commitments at the time.

TVNZ uses 9News stories quite often from what I am aware of (Last time I watched) they also have used stories from ABC News 24.

5 Likes

Another cross with 7 News tonight on The Project NZ, Tonight’s reporter Angela Cox

7 Likes

And just to confuse things again…

Today I heard a Channel 9 reporter on Newshub’s radio station - Radio LIVE - during a Newshub’s Live midday radio bulletin.

Breakdown of international affiliates:

Australia
TVNZ - Nine/ABC
Mediaworks - Seven/Ten

UK/Europe
TVNZ - BBC/SKY
Mediaworks - ITV/BBC

USA
TVNZ - ABC
Mediaworks - CBS/CNN

2 Likes

From what I call Mediaworks has is affiliated with ITV and Channel 4, not BBC.

1 Like

Newshub Radio has signed an agreement with the BBC World Service, from what I understand. I’ve heard quite a few BBC reports in their bulletins recently.

1 Like

RadioLIVE / Newshub radio has indeed signed an agreement to broadcast BBC World Service Radio reports, Radio is separate to TV in the resource sense Newshub does share reporters and TV/ online reports, but RadioLIVE / Newshub radio does not have an agreement to broadcast the likes of CBS News / ITV News reports.

1 Like

EP Jon Bridges filling in for Jesse and Jeremy Elwood in for Josh tonight on The Project.

1 Like

Newshub using Channel 9 content again tonight. Michael Best reporting from UK.

This exact story in fact: http://www.9news.com.au/world/2017/04/09/20/11/richest-person-in-the-world-under-30-no-longer-single/?ocid=9newsfb

2 Likes