Newshub

their facebook live shows Kim Vinnell presents are very good - streaming it live on fb @ 4 - could/would they do that?

1 Like

I wouldn’t think so (rules around copyright material from international distributors) but perhaps they may find a solution where they could FB live. I’d certainly be impressed if they did FB live!

2 Likes

Article on The Project NZ, EP Craig Campbell & comeback for Rove:

Umm…isn’t Craig McPherson at Seven News? :confused:

3 Likes

Yes that’s right, article is referring to Craig Campbell.

2 Likes

Fixed, whoops

I really think three news at 4 will do well if it’s done differently to newshub at 6 then there’s hope as afternoon news on 7 & 9 does very well & three does news sooo much better.

2 Likes

Melodie Robinson in for Mark Richarson arson tomorrow morning on the morning on the AM Show 10 March 2017

1 Like

Peter Hellier filling in for Josh Thompson tonight, while Josh travels around NZ showing off his new film Garry of the Pacific .

4 Likes

Today started Newshub Live at 4pm a fast-paced weekday bulletin, presented by Susie Nordqvist.

I am working on getting caps as I forgot to record it.

Presented in front of a green screen when they could’ve used one of the two sets they already have?

I know what you mean, a friend and I were just discussing it and he mocked up some designs using the old Story set, he used some grabs from the Hui hence no Susie.

3 Likes

Saving their pennies.

1 Like

I just wonder why they didn’t use the main studio, even when Susie crossed to Mike standing next to the video wall.

This looks much nicer! Would look great presented in a more casual setup, like this/Hui. And that set is so versatile too. The presenter could stand in front of those screens for the some of the stories too. Would make it more visually interesting for the viewer.

I saw the first block and was underwhelmed.

Nice that they could have a ‘breaking news’ story to start but the rest felt a bit flat. The pregnancy story that was second was a good yarn but would have been better with the reporter Lewis Hampton on the set, obviously it’s green screen but was a chance to do things differently which is what they should be doing. I won’t pass judgement on the rest though as I haven’t seen it.

Also, having headlines was interesting given they don’t do them at 6!

3 Likes

Preaching to the converted.[quote=“media, post:344, topic:665, full:true”]
This looks much nicer! Would look great presented in a more casual setup, like this/Hui. And that set is so versatile too. The presenter could stand in front of those screens for the some of the stories too. Would make it more visually interesting for the viewer.
[/quote]

Agreed.

1 Like

Waleed Aly joined the Project NZ to discuss the London Terror attacks.

Also
Jeremy Elwood was filling in for Josh Thompson tonight

4 Likes

I’m with you… Lame that the 4pm bulletin isn’t filmed in the studio
Does anyone know why there was never a permanent replacement for Sam Hayes on Newshub Late? It’s always either Jenny Suo or Sacha McNeil…

2 Likes