Newshub

4 Likes
3 Likes

IMO sounds good. Nothing much will really change if this happens, it’s just no 4:30pm news and one weekend anchor.

1 Like

Agree we do not need 2 daily bulletins as their waste of resources anyway

I think 4:30pm was a bit of a waste, as most of the stories say “More in the news at 6”.

1 Like

I like having a late afternoon news bulletin personally… And they have a great weekend presenter in Simon Shepherd who they clearly don’t want to reappoint…

1 Like

I do not watch the 11.30 one, so I catch the news at 4.30. TVNZ would never waste a bulletin of resources as it only screens a Midday News during the day. TVNZ did screen 4.30 news in 2007 till 2012 when it was axed. One News at 4.30 axing was a right decision from TVNZ

I can see the logic in moving Oriini to 11.30am as it may see her fill in on AM. However I feel like she should be moved to front the 6pm newshub @6pm news, in the weekends.

Laura is fantastic, but I feel she’s wasted on news. They could launch a Sunday The Project and she could front it, as well as fronting the Newshub Investigates series while still being a back up presenter right across as she has been.

1 Like

With Three now owned by Warner Bros. Discovery and Newshub’s 4.30pm bulletin axed, does that mean Three will launch a block of children’s programming (let’s say, “Kids WB on Three” or “Cartoon Network on Three”) to fill its weekday afternoon and Saturday morning slots?

Not likely Paddy no. They’ve pretty much given up on kids programming since Sticky TV got canned a few years ago.

Will most likely be replaced with more Discovery show reruns, bleh.

4 Likes

How is it a waste of resources if you are utilising your daily news team across multiple news bulletins. It’s also quite puzzling considering the 4.30 bulletin rates higher than any other show on the other channels. I guess the safety of ratings doesn’t earn you a renewal.

2 Likes

Unfortunately television operations in NZ see the cost of everything and the value of nothing…

1 Like

It’s a niggly workflow as I understand it.

Putting together a 4:30 bulletin - when resources are geared to 6pm - is more of an obstacle than an 11:30am bulletin which relies on overnight vision and AM turnaround. Newshub Late utilises 6pm stories etc. 4:30 needs new content but it doesn’t have a lot to work with as everything is geared to 6pm (or 5:30 for Prime).

6 Likes

Between the Prime contract and the 6pm news, and with them using the same pool of stories from the same sources, there’s really no reason to have a 4:30 bulletin anymore. Anyone who’d usually watch the 4:30 news would most certainly be willing to wait an hour for Prime.

Maybe they can use the extra savings for more Newshub Investigates documentaries. The one that played a few weeks ago about the Enchanter tragedy was fantastic.

4 Likes

Completely agree. I’m surprised they’re keeping the 11.30 bulletin, to be honest - it’s obviously only because they have the staff and resources from AM already there that it’s staying. And yes, 1 reader at weekends is also a good idea, and I’m a bit surprised they didn’t do that sooner.

1 Like

(8/10/2022) Alice Wilkins is presenting weather tonight.

5 Likes

Is it a First for Alice Wilkins presenting Newshub Weather Sponsored by Meridian Energy.

1 Like

Bernadine is taking an extended leave following diagnosis. We wish her well with her recovery and hopes to be back on the AM soon. :pray: :revolving_hearts:

9 Likes

Thought this was cool, then realised, she has been moved off (left of her own accord, if you believe that lol) of Newshub Nation, is potentially being moved from 4.30pm to 11.30am and a backup presenter while still filing stories.

What a waste of talent being under utilized at three, im sorry but she deserves better. If shes being nominated, but is to have a reduced role, her presence turns into nothing more then tokenistic and as a maori I am disappointed, do better Newshub

7 Likes

Newshub Nation will be airing at adjusted times over the next three weeks with the first time change tomorrow morning.
So enjoy a sleep-in before catching up on the latest in NZ politics.

UPCOMING SHOW TIME CHANGES

29th October 10.30AM
5th November 11.30AM
12th November Midday

Wonder why…

4 Likes