Newshub

Covid has struck down Three’s 4.30pm News. I hope this isn’t a permanent cancellation

3 Likes

11:30 would also go if it weren’t for that AM team holding it down.

4 Likes

Damn

Who’s Presenting the News, Sport from Suzuki and Weather from Meridian Energy on Newshub Live at 6PM This Weekend Screentower.

1 Like

Laura Tupou and Michael Morrah are presenting this weekend, same as last weekend.

5 Likes

@Korero From my point of view, Newshub’s 4.30pm bulletin would have been read by the same anchor as the 11.30am bulletin - i.e. two bulletins (at 11.30am and 4.30pm), one anchor!

Has Michael Morrah become Tom McCrae’s permanent replacement? Hope he has.

I like the fact that newshub have decided over the last few years to have their anchors be more than just newsreaders, by keeping them in the field reporting and filing stories…it keeps them relevant and not just a newsreader who becomes unable to do or be seen as anything else.

4 Likes

I don’t think lack of anchors is the problem, Paddy - from my understanding, the reason Three have pulled the 4.30 bulletin is that the newsroom is currently short-staffed, so people who would normally produce 4.30 are working on other, more important bulletins (like 6pm and Late).

8 Likes

@NuStraya Thanks for sending me a thorough explanation.

(16-17/7/2022) Rebecca Wright and Mitch McCann are presenting Saturday, Mitch anchoring solo on Sunday. Shannon Redstall is presenting weather this weekend.

4 Likes

Mitch McCann filled in for Rebecca Wright on Newshub at 8pm last night also.

Just looked and saw that Alex O’Hara filled in for Ingrid Hipkins on Thursday and Laura Tupou filled in on Friday.

3 Likes

Shannon Redstall is Presenting Newshub Live at 6PM Weather this Weekend Screentower.

Newshub’s Andrew Gourdie spoke to ex-All Black turned sports broadcaster Jeff Wilson (from Sky Sport) during a live cross. They provided full reaction to the All Blacks as they lost to Ireland in the three-match Steinlager Series last night (16 July).

From my point of view, it’s like combining the resources of both Newshub and Sky…

6 Likes

Didn’t see the piece, but works as good cross-promotion for The Breakdown on Sky tonight.

5 Likes

Gourdie did that at the end. He also referred to the broadcast as a ‘bulletin’ earlier when they had issues getting Wilson earlier in SSS, nice to see!

Also solo anchor last night.

4:30pm Bulletin back on air today.

5 Likes

Looks like our Project is getting Australia’s graphics

Cap from Live at 4:30

9 Likes

Cheers, glad to see it back on air this afternoon.

2 Likes

Any caps from new graphics on tonight’s show?

Video coming later this arvo.

7 Likes