Newshub

2 Likes

Is there a non geo-blocked version of the promo?

not geo-blocked on facebook…

Think the page might be geo-blocked - tried clicking on the link and a message appeared which stated “The link you followed may have expired, or the page may only be visible to an audience you’re not in.”

Where are you? I watched it in Perth…

Melbourne

@Jeffmister try this.

“It’s a show, in the know, about how things go” #TheProjectNZ is hitting your screens Feb 20 on TV3 and we are blimmin’ excited about it pic.twitter.com/MN48b3Fxqv

— The Project NZ (@TheProject_NZ) January 31, 2017
1 Like

I got the same error message, but found their Facebook page easily and watched it through there.

@Jeffmister try this

The link GradyACN provided worked for me - thanks anyway.

1 Like

After 25 years in the mainstream media, with almost 8 of those years spent at Mediaworks, Jim Kayes is leaving the network to become a freelancer/MC.

2 Likes

Apologies for the double post… just saw the Hugh Riminton made a cross to Mike on Newshub Live at 6 tonight. (caps taken from newshub.co.nz)

4 Likes

I thought that was an odd one too, normally expect to see Sophie in Ch7 Sydney.

2 Likes

They have used Lachlan Kennedy in Brisbane a few times as well.

1 Like

Friend of mine pointed this out to me, one of the monitors was broken and they used spare tiles to cover the gap. Fine one off fix but looks bad.

1 Like

I’m intrigued by how 3 utilizes one program across both radio and TV, eg. The Paul Henry Show in the morning. I’m guess this is purely to save money and because the NZ market is around the same size as the largest Australian metro markets.

How did viewers react to this when 3 first started doing it?

And do TV networks in other countries do a similar thing?

1 Like

In my Opine…

It worked well for TV, replacing a news-heavy morning bulletin with a well-known personality previously from ‘the other network’. And sharing the costs over the RadioLive breakfast show would have helped (a little). It did cost them Marcus Lush who had a loyal following on the radio, so ratings may have dipped (I can’t say for sure, ratings systems we’re a bit iffy at that time).

I reckon the format is brilliant, it definitely works on both mediums, and despite never being terribly interested in Henry, he had won me over (via radio) and had me hooked after tuning in for one week. Some narcotic eh!

Not sure about Duncan (his replacement) though, but time will tell.

Note: I do not work for, or am affiliated with MediaWorks in any way (or ever have been)!

3 Likes

Here’s a promo for The AM Show that aired last night IIRC (courtesy of NaruTVMock):

1 Like

Sacha McNeil and Simon Shepherd filling in on Newshub Live at 6pm tonight.

2 Likes

abit off the news topic. But TV3 have rebranded the channel to THREE. A ridiculous move by the broadcaster in my opinion.