Newshub

Now they just need to make all their supers smaller

1 Like

Does this mean no ‘Simulcast on Magic Talk’ bug next year? :sob::sob::sob::sob:

2 Likes

They’re also using a ‘LIVE’ transition swipe complete with sound effect. I think 4pm has used that @theGradyConnell?

When 4PM moved to the main studio 6PM used the LIVE transition as the audio and transition is all setup for 4 and coded in the rundowns

2 Likes

Swipe with effect has been used for the past 1-2 weeks.

Bug looks much more refined but the weather ticker needs to be shortened, it looks way too close.

I’d give it 9/10 and Newshub. may proceed into the next round.

2 Likes

Breaking News graphic, seen on Newshub Live at 4pm today:

9 Likes

Jesus. Looks like Hal Crawford (formerly Channel 9) is putting his touches on it now for sure,

5 Likes

Much improved !

1 Like

Before you know it the ‘See it first’ slogan will make its return to Three. Maybe we could see ‘First on Newshub’ used as well?

5 Likes

You bet. There have been a noticeable increase in live crosses across the bulletins.

1 Like

According to Newsroom Mediaworks has hired former TVNZ news boss Anthony Flannery to review Newshub at 6.
“A big advocate of live crosses and not renowned for wanting his reporters to do worthy, serious news stories, preferring them to focus on more popular or tabloid fare to drive up the ratings”

Certainly has been a lot more live crosses etc of late… good to see them trying something different.

3 Likes

R E L A U N C H.A L E R T ! ? ! ?

2 Likes

My guess is more details to be revealed about Magic Talk, possible line up announcement or start date reveal?

3 Likes

That is fucking horrible

Newshub really needs to make inroads next year.

Uh, no comment.

More caps on the breaking news graphics, as seen on Newshub Live at 6pm tonight:

9 Likes

Why type of screen does the Newshub set use? Is it a curved LED wall or something else?

It is a series of square LED panels arced to give the curve, can’t remember how many sorry

2 Likes

New Exclusive bug too

5 Likes