Newshub (closing in June)

Some may say that, Ali Mau sure didn’t have a lot of charisma …others think it failed because of the “unfunny comedian”. But Jesse is starting to give his opinions to different topics instead of just jokes which is good. I think Josh is funny, heaps of energy & I’m sure the show will keep improving as it find its feet.

NEWSHUB ANNOUNCES NEW WEEKDAY NEWS BULLETIN FOR THREE IN MARCH

Newshub has today announced a brand new weekday Newshub bulletin will be coming to Three later this month.

Launching on March 20th, Newshub Live at 4pm will provide an afternoon news product Monday to Friday that will feature live content, studio interviews and a faster pace than traditional 6pm or late programmes.

The half an hour programme will include full coverage of the spectrum of News & Current Affairs, lifestyle and entertainment news, as well as allowing for expanded coverage of major news events taking place in New Zealand, or globally, ahead of 6pm.

It will be presented by Newshub’s Susie Nordqvist, who will also help produce the bulletin.

MediaWorks Chief News Officer Hal Crawford said: “As a network we are committed to news - with this new afternoon bulletin we’re catering to evolving audience demand and increasing the amount of news we broadcast.”

“Internationally, afternoon news is an area of growth for free-to air-broadcasters. This programme will provide in-demand content to the sizeable television audience at this time, increase audience for Newshub Live at 6pm and further cement our position as New Zealand’s number one news service.”

3 Likes

their facebook live shows Kim Vinnell presents are very good - streaming it live on fb @ 4 - could/would they do that?

1 Like

I wouldn’t think so (rules around copyright material from international distributors) but perhaps they may find a solution where they could FB live. I’d certainly be impressed if they did FB live!

2 Likes

Article on The Project NZ, EP Craig Campbell & comeback for Rove:

Umm…isn’t Craig McPherson at Seven News? :confused:

3 Likes

Yes that’s right, article is referring to Craig Campbell.

2 Likes

Fixed, whoops

I really think three news at 4 will do well if it’s done differently to newshub at 6 then there’s hope as afternoon news on 7 & 9 does very well & three does news sooo much better.

2 Likes

Melodie Robinson in for Mark Richarson arson tomorrow morning on the morning on the AM Show 10 March 2017

1 Like

Peter Hellier filling in for Josh Thompson tonight, while Josh travels around NZ showing off his new film Garry of the Pacific .

4 Likes

Today started Newshub Live at 4pm a fast-paced weekday bulletin, presented by Susie Nordqvist.

I am working on getting caps as I forgot to record it.

Presented in front of a green screen when they could’ve used one of the two sets they already have?

I know what you mean, a friend and I were just discussing it and he mocked up some designs using the old Story set, he used some grabs from the Hui hence no Susie.

3 Likes

Saving their pennies.

1 Like

I just wonder why they didn’t use the main studio, even when Susie crossed to Mike standing next to the video wall.

This looks much nicer! Would look great presented in a more casual setup, like this/Hui. And that set is so versatile too. The presenter could stand in front of those screens for the some of the stories too. Would make it more visually interesting for the viewer.

I saw the first block and was underwhelmed.

Nice that they could have a ‘breaking news’ story to start but the rest felt a bit flat. The pregnancy story that was second was a good yarn but would have been better with the reporter Lewis Hampton on the set, obviously it’s green screen but was a chance to do things differently which is what they should be doing. I won’t pass judgement on the rest though as I haven’t seen it.

Also, having headlines was interesting given they don’t do them at 6!

3 Likes

Preaching to the converted.[quote=“media, post:344, topic:665, full:true”]
This looks much nicer! Would look great presented in a more casual setup, like this/Hui. And that set is so versatile too. The presenter could stand in front of those screens for the some of the stories too. Would make it more visually interesting for the viewer.
[/quote]

Agreed.

1 Like