News Themes

Sorry, the first mention was for SoundThinking and DA’s Office Eyewitness News theme.

Blade Runner Theme - also reminds me of Ten News First

2 Likes

I find it fascinating that Brisbane stations typically modify the opening news themes delivered to them from Sydney. Both Nine and Ten tweak the opener music for something different. In both cases, I think it sounds much better. Listen:

Brisbane has always done that differently… I quite like it (I had to warm to it at first). Their Eyewitness theme (13-18) was probably the best using a different closing theme and stingers for breaks… sounded much more heavier too compared to the other markets which suited it so well.

1 Like

Indeed

1 Like

Ten News First theme overlayed over vision of a near plane crash landing in an impressive mock closer:

4 Likes
2 Likes

Less of a remix, more “playing one after the other”…

A good compilation though.

1 Like

Love the Ten News theme.

Hey not sure how many would remember this. But a number of years ago on the old forums, somebody uploaded an MP3 of a VERY rare recording of an orchestral Ten News theme which sounded absolutely incredible. I’m sure I downloaded it in 2011 but I cannot find it anywhere. It sounded very high-brow, akin to NBC Nightly News or CBS Evening News. Does anyone happen to have a copy of this?

Could it be the fancy Ten News theme which I think was used to close the Sydney bulletins around about 2011?

Anyway there’s a version of it hosted on soundthinking. The file doesn’t seem to be linked from any web page anymore… The previous soundthinking site was really old and built using Adobe Flash but it had some hidden audio gems with previews etc. I missing seeing (err… hearing) these on their current wordpress-powered site :disappointed:. Who knows what goodies have been uploaded there that we don’t know the URL of…

14 Likes

Ah wow! It waw a very similar version to this. There must be multiple alternative versions which were created.

I didn’t realise Les Gock also did this one! Sounds terrific!

If 10 ever bring back a 6PM news they should use this theme.

I’ve always liked the theme used by Global News in Canada a few years ago…

And an example of how it was used;

3 Likes

Boring

So do I. It’d make a great regional news theme.

1 Like

My favourite of the Canadian news themes would be one of the old themes from The National -

I also quite like the current and moreso the previous CTV News theme - but like 60% of that is the helicopter.

3 Likes

Yes, that version of the National was particularly good.

I’ve never been too keen on the CTV News theme, just seems a little laid back for me… but that’s just personal I can see how it would appeal to others

Though they seem to have gone through about 5 themes since, and the local CBC bulletins use something different as well that also seems to change just as often.

When even slight revisions of the same general news theme can get backlash here, it’s hard to imagine stations totally changing their theme so substantially as seems common on the Canadian networks (and/or systems?). Though given what happened when Seven tried, I suppose it’s not too surprising that our networks stick with what they know.

1 Like

One of my favourite news themes of all time. That CTV news theme, it’s a good one but the previous version was better minus the helicopter.

This music… I think someine should send it to any Australian TV station, #myfriends

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_ZouIQ2zM8 Prefer this Brazilan theme as the best there got.