News Breakfast

They acknowledged the incident on air at 7.15am this morning.

2 Likes
1 Like

Lisa Millar’s statement on News Breakfast

I’d like to take a minute to talk about what went on during the last 48 hours. If you’re blessedly oblivious and you’ve just been getting on with your life – great! – I won’t dwell on it.

The fact that what I wore on Monday attracted obnoxious commentary on Twitter – foul disgusting personal abuse that I couldn’t and wouldn’t repeat – was upsetting.

That it then ended up online on some news sites where the photos and the abuse were republished made me angry.

Thanks for all the support, you’ve all been awesome and some of you pretty funny, some of you suggesting if we all turned up in pyjamas you’d still be fans of the show.

I am angry though, on this International Women’s Day, on behalf of myself, but also on behalf of other women, young women, who see those stories and see someone like me being violently abused day after day for whatever reason bullies can find.

I worry it might make you think that no progress has been made and that it’s not worth it to be a woman in the public arena.

On this International Women’s Day I want to tell you the response over that rubbish yesterday gives me hope.

We are making progress, and we will make more, and there are so many awesome women who we can all look up to. Let’s celebrate them today.

And please, make a conscious decision today to be part of the solution.

Play a part in making our communities a better, kinder place, for everyone.

6 Likes

Friday (10.03.2023): Madeleine Morris is co-hosting with Michael this morning. Emma Rebellato is still on weather.

2 Likes

Monday (13.03.2023): Catherine Murphy is presenting sport this morning. Emma Rebellato on weather.
Tuesday (14.03.2023): Emma Rebellato is still on weather.

Monday (20.03.2023) - Tuesday (21.03.2023): Emma Rebellato is back doing weather.

Friday (24.03.2023): Michael is live from Observatory Hill in Sydney with special coverage ahead of the NSW election on Saturday. Madeleine Morris is co-hosting with Lisa back in studio.

2 Likes

Monday (27.03.2023): Emma Rebellato is presenting sport today.

Wednesday (29.03.2023): Madeleine Morris is co-hosting with Michael this morning.

Friday (31.03.2023): Tony presenting sport on location from Albert Park, Melbourne ahead of the Formula 1.

2 Likes
3 Likes

And naturally the rabid left are at it again in the replies.

1 Like

Ratings: As Q1 ends, I thought it was noteworthy that each of the last 12 weeks News Breakfast has rated lower than nearly any week in 2022. At best, the highest average of a single week in 2023 would be on par with the worst weeks of 2022. This is not the case for the other two breakfast shows. Whilst all shows are down year-on-year, NB is the only show that is experiencing a decline as this year progresses.

The gap behind Today YTD has also blown out to be the largest in years (I believe since Lisa started) and is now larger than the YTD gap between Sunrise and Today. With daylight saving now finished, it will be interesting to if anything changes.

2 Likes

Significantly less coverage from Trump Tower on News Breakfast compared to commercials. (graphics error in opener with super present)

4 Likes

Probably the right amount though.

Saw that Nine broke into the early news to bring rolling coverage of Trump’s plane arriving in New York with commentary from Today hosts. That’s ridiculous!

5 Likes

I’m more interested in the Nicholas Braun story, to be quite honest

Of course this being a few months of lowbrow tabloid content that would have never, ever made the show in the Trioli and Rowland days. This was NB’s point of difference that made them successful in the first place.

I know criticism of Lisa is complex thanks to the trolling etc, but I’ve never warmed to her. She isn’t enough of a different kind of personality to MR and there’s something that still feels very forced and put on. Moving her to Queensland 7pm would have been an easy fix but doesn’t seem to be an option now.

2 Likes

4AM start for News Breakfast

4:26 AM Other news covered - with Trump’s appearance in the PIP.

Local news briefly

Back to NY.

4 Likes

Friday (06.04.2023):

7 am starts for the Friday and Monday Easter public holidays.

With Madeleine now on holidays, Emma Rebellato will co-hosting from tomorrow.

3 Likes

Monday 10 April

2 Likes
3 Likes

5 Likes

As someone who doesnt watch ABC NEWS BREAKFAST how often is the whole team on set ?

Not very often. Lisa Miller id off for 5 weeks writing a book.