Newcastle Radio

How’s that NEWFM issue Radiohead?

I was at Eleebana (end of Cherry Rd away from lake) this morning, where it’s protected from the Sydney direction due to hills, it’s also somewhat protected from Mt Sugarloaf by Munibung Hill at Warners Bay too, anyway, I thought I’d give it crack while I was waiting to pick someone up, & had NEWFM down to 104.7, slightly on 104.6 mixed with Star104.5, & right up to 105.9.

I did try on the up side of 106.1, but a week KIIS was there on 106.3 up, I didn’t try on the down side of 104.5 though.

NEWFM was quite strong on 104.9 & 105.7, with no hint of the Sydney stations underneath, or on top.

That’s a bit of a shocker; I hope there’s some resolution for the long-suffering Novocastrian DX fraternity. I can’t proffer any explanation I’m afraid, though some outmoded equipment in the chain is probably to blame. At least the Sydney offerings on 104.9 and 105.7 aren’t much to write home about.

2 Likes

I agree, I would think it’s to do with a fault or old equipment that’s causing it.

As @RFBurns as said previously, its been there on and off for several years (more “on” than “off” I think unfortunately).

By my reckoning it first occurred in mid 2013, which is not all that long after VHF 3 was switched off in late 2012.

I think someone posted a theory that it may be to do with the VHF 3 equipment still being there, but I would be surprised if both were (still) the case.

Actually, VHF 3 was switched off in late 2012 (27th November 2012, to be precise).

Oops, I will amend my dates by a year then.

In recent weeks have gone over to 2NUR FM since my usual habbit went on holidays. Starting to think I should make it permanent after 12pm.

hit 106.9 seem to be on the lookout for somebody, is Vee leaving again?

more concerning is they don’t know if it’s for Hit 106.9 or The River Albury - read the ad closely :wink:

2 Likes

A good pick up!

At least it wasn’t like one of their ads last year which suggested Perth was a short commute from Townsville (or something like that).

1 Like

KO played Riders on the Storm today before 12, outside of their “80’s, 90’s and now” playlist. Heard a lot of 90’s though today which reminds me of the amount of crap music from that era.

I have to disagree with you there mate. I have been loving the 90’s music that the Triple M Greatest Hits network have been playing of late. Personally the 80’s and 90’s are my favorite 2 decades of music. :slight_smile:

that splatter is really atrocious. Has anyone complained to management about it and threatened reporting?

I’m not a fan Greenday and Nirvana eeyuck

I filled out a “Complaint” form on their website.
Probably not THE way to do it, but worth a try.
No reply as yet.

I have been given an email address I can try, and I have a video of it to use as evidence (as posted earlier).
That might be my next step.
Failing that, an email to the ACMA would be the 3rd step.

Roy and HGs Anal Probe - what? Sorry, Sporting Probe - is on KO FM

Switches to iHeart

1 Like

How is the new Honeysuckle location going for KO/NX ?

by April was last I heard

Channel 9 should be in their new digs by then too

Anyone wants to know my opinion on no Nines on radio in league heartland go to Triple M thread. But yeah not happy.

KOFM changing its name on Friday, 102.9 Triple M

1 Like

Really!?

I thought that wasn’t happening until December this year?!

1 Like