New Zealand Radio

The Hits Dunedin now has a local 9-12 show with Tracey Chambers as the announcer. I’m assuming Callum and P will remain on air in Southland permanently with this move.

1 Like

Interesting indeed. I presume Jason Kerrison didn’t last long in Southland btw? Did anyone ever hear it? I presumed Liv Cochrane will return to the 9-12 slot after her maternity leave but who knows.

1 Like

If you’re still kicking around on MS Charlotte, I’m sure I’m not the only one who’d be interested in hearing how your dissertation went.

An Auckland taxi driver has been found not guilty of indecently assaulting radio host Jay Jay Feeney.

Can one of our NZ friends give me some info on Magic Music vs Talk stations? How much programming do they share or are they totally separate stations? It’s a bit hard to work out from their website to be honest.

MAGIC MUSIC

MAGIC TALK

2 Likes

PHD spreads Magic feelgood message

PHD has created a new campaign for MediaWorks oldies music network Magic, which aims to stimulate the emotional attachment between the feelgood music Magic plays and its audience.

The tagline Turn Up The Feel Good transposes into the creative with real people, in real situations, listening to music and having a feel good time. The creative is intended to be warm, yet vibrant and “invites people to switch their dial and have a bit of a boogie”.

This campaign rolls out in Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch across digital billboards and buses as well as TV, VOD and digital placements.

i saw this tonight

That is also used on the Nova network in Australia for Friday Feels.

And get your Eurobed and Bambillo there too for just 4 easy installments plus p&h… Didn’t realize that guy was doing radio ads as well!

When RadioLIVE became Magic Talk they switched VO guys to the infomercial guy and phased out the other guy Simon Frank’s.

1 Like

Heart UK called, they want their positioner back

3 Likes

Mediaworks won’t be too happy about Fletch, Vaughn & Megan beating Edge Breakfast in 25-54 as well as 18-34 - as MW position themselves as ‘The 25-54 audience company’.
I’m thinking Dom Harvey will be moved to another station at the end of the year…

ZB down slightly, of course they say this is due to a quieter news period. Would this survey have included Simon Barnett & Phil Gifford Afternoons?

2 Likes

ZM’s team right now is the strongest the station has ever had. It was a good decision to bring in Bree and Clint. I can’t believe Mediaworks wasted him on George.

Dom should move to More drive. But he’s actually the one on his Edge team that tries to egg on more fun.

1 Like

I feel the rest of the Edge breakfast team is too safe so it makes Dom stand out like a sore thumb. It obviously used to be JJ and she was uniquely wacky but also had that personable touch whereas Megan comes across lovely but just not as a commanding presence in a team scenario.

intereasting results…i still prefer the sound but i guess
its only a small audience they cater to
the breeze seems to do well here in canterbury

1 Like

Anika Moa no longer just a guest host on The Hits…

A good full time addition.

Have to say I’m liking The Hits playlist at the moment. Much wider and older variety than More FM.

1 Like

heaps of countdowns on the moment
MAGIC-1000 COUNTDOWN
SOUNDS A-Z COUNTDOWN
THE ROCK 1500 COUNTDOWN (JUST FINISHED)

there is a good link on you tube the radio vault
plays grabs from old radio shows even heard the
opening day of 89 stereo fm in auckland fred botica was the opening host
(way back in 1983) heard some old audio also of radio hauraki shows
featuring the late kevin black
check it out

1 Like