Paramount Australia & New Zealand

Sorry, maybe this needs to happen (change in 10 hierarchy) but I believe this is a fictional article. Maybe what Blackbox wants to happen! I have faith CBS will get it right eventually.

Don’t know about this under 50’s Network! I watch 10 more than any other network, a minimal amount of 9 and NO 7 if I can help it and I’m well over 50! :laughing::laughing:

Ten’s target demographic is the under 50s, but of course that doesn’t mean they don’t want viewers over 50 watching.

I’m not in the habit of making stories up. If you have any proof to the contrary please show your evidence.

@blackbox it was a well written article. It’s very clear, programming has been very weak. I know it’s a big ask, but I think Dancing should have been on two nights a week. Seven did this towards the end. Tuesday’s and Wednesday are a right off at the moment.

Cheers. I really did try to be balanced with it due to my history with the network but it’s what I’m hearing and the whispers are getting louder.

Re dancing, I do think there’s an issue re commissioning a show that skews older than the under 50 demo you’re selling yourself as, but I agree if you’re going to do it then it should be two nights a week. Unfortunately for 10 it’s too late to make that call as it would cost a fortune to amend the contract with the production company (not to mention crewing it would be very difficult as people would have booked in other jobs).

1 Like

Most reality shows are a 2-3 year build, so assuming ratings stay steady for season 1 (on 10) then I think they could look at introducing a 2nd ep in 2020, definitely. It deserves a good audience.

1 Like

Lighten up! :grin: Where’s the proof your story is true? I’ll believe it when either of the people you mention are sacked or leave 10. I, off course, don’t have proof to the contrary but I thought it was ok to post personal opinion here without being “attacked”.

I don’t think he ever said they were getting sacked though… he just said the heat was on and the rumours had been circulating they were under the heat, stating Beverly had been to local sponsors to me sounds like a bit of proof.

1 Like

You attacked my integrity, I simply asked you to show any examples where I had lied or fabricated a story. In the short time TV Blackbox has been a thing, I think you’ll find my track record has been pretty good. Things we post come true and I’m obviously not going to reveal my sources when it comes to stories.

You might not think it’s a big deal to claim someone is lying, but it comes down to the basic character of a person and I would like to think I have a pretty good reputation for being a straight shooter.

8 Likes

@ blackbox I never stated that you were lying, if you believe I did I sincerely apologise. I just took what you wrote as an opinion piece and not fact. There are many opinions I disagree with on this forum but it doesn’t mean the posters are liars!

You kind of did…

1 Like

Happy to accept it wasn’t your intention and I’m happy to move on. Thanks

5 Likes

It really does feel like management at 10 are full of excuses at the moment. I didn’t like the comments regarding Sunday Night Takeaway. They should have known better not to schedule this show at this time of the year. I do think its a good show. However, I think a winter timeslot would have suited it and Julie and Chris’s schedule better. Same with DWTS. The Living Room should have been on air now. Not later in the year. They should have had DWTS at the end of the ratings year to go with The Bachelor.

Look, perhaps things do need to change. They seem like they are out of ideas. The fact that all the new programs they commissioned have been on another network or commissioned by another network is a concern. Takeaway was picked up by 7.

It also seems to me that they aren’t taking ideas from new employees. I am positive that there are others that work within the network that have suggested new programs that haven’t been taken on board.

Secondly, I was a fan of the Pilot Week idea. But all those shows failed to fire and they have commissioned shows based on 300k overnight ratings. All those shows are likely to fail again. 10 needs someone with new, fresh ideas. It is obvious that those in charge have had their days. And if I was CBS I would do it ASAP.

10 Likes

I agree particularly in regards to 10’s planning and management. It looks like they need to be taught hand by hand by CBS how to program effectively. Their production standards are high but there just isn’t enough depth in the schedule.

I also don’t like the attitude of 10’s management which is demonstrated through the ‘holier than thou’ attitude of their social media networks. If that’s the general attitude at 10 then they’re not going to move forward any time soon.

Overall I used to think 10 was on a great trajectory after CBS, but I think they’re actually worse off than ever before.

1 Like

Hmm I don’t know if I agree with you here. Why should someone who has a degree and experience be taught ‘hand by hand’ (a saying I have never heard) by someone? They are qualified with experience it should be a given.

As for the depth. They should have enough depth. IMO they have the same amount of depth as other networks. However, they just aren’t commissioning shows that suit their demographic or shows that are unique or different. It is the same old safe rubbish.

I think they went with CBS because they were sick of being questioned by shareholders. Which I think will backfire.

CBS will be begging Lachlan and Bruce to take Ten off their hands by the time Bev and Paul are done running the network into the ground.

CBS have spent 50 years getting to #1… it’s been 18 months for 10.

MAFS won’t be around forever… look at original Big Brother, all it took was one major controversy.

4 Likes

But what will come next? We can’t just keep using the same excuses and hoping a show will go away. MKR was there before. 10 have got to get in with that next big hit and not let the competitors be the ones that have all the hits.

6 Likes

LOL! Easier said than done, my friend.

1 Like

Oh I get that. But they aren’t going to even come close when they commission shows that have tried and been canceled on other networks are they.

This is coming from someone who actually enjoying DWTS. But we all knew this was never going to get great figures for 10. It was the wrong demographic and at the wrong time of the year. I am all for 10 playing it safe to begin with the ratings year but I do wonder where the hits are going to come from this year.

1 Like