Paramount Australia & New Zealand

I don’t consider myself a prude, but when did swearing become necessary or acceptable in advertising?

2 Likes

It hasn’t. 10 off the mark again.

Also, that word describes that line up.

1 Like

Hardly a big deal. They could have used many more objectionable swear words than this one.

1 Like

WTF is a favourite all over the media.

Would’ve been funnier if they used the word c##t. :rofl:

1 Like

Not to mention that many Australians are fairly relaxed when it comes to swearing as it is…

1 Like

This is a fucking outrage

6 Likes

You’re complaining about a swear word on the internet which is censored.

4 Likes

I’m going to take this all the way to the Prime Minister!

4 Likes

“Hey! Mister Prime Ministah! Scomo!”

6 Likes

For advertising like this it’s not necessary, especially from the little kid factor. Just because you and I may swear regularly, there are still many in society who don’t like to see or hear it and in official advertising and from someone like Ten I would have expected a bit more thought into a word they could use and there’s plenty of options. This is just laziness and trying to appear edgy.

And yes, for the little kid factor, parents don’t want to have to explain what certain words are or when they see it big in advertising and then you say to them it’s not a word you should use then it gets confusing for them. If my 4 year old saw something like this on a bus or wherever he would be reading it and asking why that word has a star and what the word is. Far too many questions I don’t want to answer!

3 Likes

Social media is a different form of advertising. It’s more conversational. Also, when you subscribe to a page, it’s opt-in.

Having said all of that, Facebook finally became usable again when I deleted all of the pages I follow.

5 Likes

Same. Did it about a year ago. Deleted all the music, television and movies from my profile and it’s so much better.

1 Like

A 4yo wouldn’t/shouldn’t be on social media (FB has an age restriction of 13 & over). It would be different if it was on air… even then, after 7:30 it would be allowed. I remember “Bitchin’ Tuesdays” back in the 00’s.

1 Like

Like “letdown” - it’s even in the image they posted for god’s sake!

1 Like

Guess I’d better delete his account then! Nah, but he does read what’s on there sometimes when he comes over and asks a question so it’s plausible that kids that age will read it even though I was talking more about other advertising and more public advertising.

To me though, it’s like the comedians who think that by adding swearing to their jokes it makes them funnier. If the only way you can tell a joke is by adding a heap more swearing then you’ve probably got other issues with your comedy career. That was one of the problems with Tonightly.

10’s head of children’s television Cherrie Bottger quit the network at the end of 2018, but it was not reported until now.

Um, she joined the network in 1990 (if not earlier) … helping to create the Kids TV department that it is today.

She was the brains behind Totally Wild then every kids show TEN has produced in Brisbane. Scope, In The Box, Cheez TV, Toasted TV, Wurrawhy, Crocamole, btn… so many others.

From what I hear, Cherrie has retired with a massive send off in house.

8 Likes

That puppet gave me nightmares

2 Likes

I’ve now got the theme song in my head!!!

3 Likes