Paramount Australia & New Zealand

Yeah, that’s it :crazy_face:

1 Like

Seriously i havnt even heard of a fairfax edition of “BOSS” They obviously promote it well :joy::joy:

3 Likes

Maybe you should get out more too. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

How about we all go out! Media Spy excursion to the court case. It could be fun! Packed lunches and all that.

12 Likes

Then have submitted their registration, but it is currently in the period where companies can object to it being granted because, among other reasons, it is too close to an existing trademark of their own.

yeah nah I need to put food on the table so thats why I work during the day

5 Likes

Yeah…you got me :joy:

It’s the same thing as domain sniping… whoever gets in first, wins. Doesn’t matter if they use it, don’t use it, hide it away, promote it for the world. If they got the trademark in the media category first, this is an open and shut case.

1 Like

So, you would imply from that, Ten will need to change the name.

4 Likes

You know what cbs and ten should have done proper research to ensure that this didn’t happen when they were developing the names for the old one. They kinda bought it themselves if what Fairfax says is true and they trademarks then yeah Fairfax should win easily.

You gotta wonder what idiots at Ten/CBS management are making the stupid mistakes

Everyone said cbs was ten saviour yeah right seems like it’s just caused more shit for ten.

1 Like

People weren’t entirely wrong there though. Without CBS, Ten probably would’ve become WIN Metro, some form or News Corp-owned entity or maybe even gone off the air entirely.

5 Likes

Not really relevant to the point of my post, but still…I say rotten tomatos either way.

Press release here:

3 Likes

The Australian is reporting that to support Fairfax in their Federal Court challenge against the use of the ‘10 Boss’, Hamish Turner (Nine’s program director) has sworn an affidavit which claims that:

What a crock of s#@t!

7 Likes

Looks like 10 might have to go with the ‘second preference’ name for Boss.

Back to ONE we go? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

10 PowerfulIndividual

2 Likes

Isn’t it a bit too late? 10 used the name before the merger. Wouldn’t Fairfax needed to have extended the boundaries of the trademark?

From a few posts back:

3 Likes