Paramount Australia & New Zealand

There’s probably some silly directive to go with it.

It will always be Ten to me :slight_smile:

1 Like

You don’t seem like the type of person who has trouble moving on. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

Now waiting on a lawsuit from Seven to stop Diane Ho taking up the position

This is something that has been annoying me since the new logo was introduced- their use of “10” in place of “Ten” in media releases and ratings information.

I know the rules vary with regard to when numbers should be written as words, but I was taught to use the word if the number can be written as one word. It looks really juvenile and unprofessional for Ten to be using “10” in formal correspondence, particularly at the start of a sentence.

They should be consistent with Seven and Nine. I wish OzTam would insist on it. The use of “10” doesn’t make them stand out. It makes them look silly.

4 Likes

Please…really?! So anytime you have numbers it should be spelt out? Wow cricket now available in FourK! :joy:

It is a bit jarring. I think it would be better if they referred to the company and the network as Ten but all references to channels and brands as 10, 10 Boss, 10 Peach, 10play etc…

It would be the best way to distinguish between the network/company and the individual channel.

2 Likes

I thought it was obvious I wasn’t referring to branding but more formal communications.

I just assumed that the local sales directors would have some level of involvement or at least interest in how the network is marketed in their city (since that’s what builds local viewers and importantly, local advertisers) but in that case, I stand corrected. You learn something new every day!

If Network Ten don’t already have marketing directors who’s main focus is marketing and building the brand in each of the five major metropolitan markets they broadcast to, I really hope they’ll get some soon. And if Ten already have local marketing directors, I personally hope they’ll eventually get new ones from the stations (Seven Perth, Seven Adelaide, Nine Sydney and whoever’s currently #1 in Melbourne & Brisbane) which have a proven track record of effectively marketing the #1 TV networks in their respective cities.

Good to hear! :slight_smile:

I just assumed that the local sales directors would have some level of involvement or at least interest in how the network is marketed in their city (since that’s what builds local viewers and importantly, local advertisers) but in that case, I stand corrected. You learn something new every day!

The Sales Directors are purely focused on Sales generally. They may be informed of local marketing initiatives and will have input if it’s a Trade campaign targeting Media Agencies/advertisers but they don’t have anything to do with what viewers would see on-air.

If Network Ten don’t already have marketing directors who’s main focus is marketing and building the brand in each of the five major metropolitan markets they broadcast to, I really hope they’ll get some soon. And if Ten already have local marketing directors, I personally hope they’ll eventually get new ones from the stations (Seven Perth, Seven Adelaide, Nine Sydney and whoever’s currently #1 in Melbourne & Brisbane) which have a proven track record of effectively marketing the #1 TV networks in their respective cities.

I’d imaging 10 has a central marketing team in Sydney that handles their own advertising/PR and on-air branding/marketing functions as well as Trade Press/Events with Media Agencies and Clients. They may have a local Marketing Manager/Exec in each State that’s community facing and deals with local sponsorships and local on-air campaigns such as idents etc. or this could all be centralised from Sydney too, every Media Owner does things differently.

2 Likes

There must be some directive from Ten as even TV Week program listings have it as “10” while Channels 7 and 9 are “Seven” and “Nine”.

Yes. Networks have some strange directives sometimes.

In the TV Week program listings we have the
ABC HD logo and 20
SBS HD logo and 30
9HD logo and 90
10HD logo and 14
but there is an inconsistency with the 7 logo and 7,71.

Must be because they had 7HD in some markets and 7mate HD in others. Is that still happening now?

There are several other examples from OzTAM and networks .

7mate and 7flix are lower case but not 7TWO

OzTAm has 9GO! yet its 9Gem and 9Life

And there’s also iview that is never capitalised plus ABCKIDS that has no space.

(Not to mention the capitalisation of OzTAM)

1 Like

This may explain it, from 10’s Media release “Network 10 dials up its swagger” on 31/10:

1 Like

The most notable case of 7mate still being in MPEG2 HD (apart from regional/remote markets with only one or two commercial broadcasters and joint-venture supplementary services) is Regional Queensland, but that will likely change when the Seven Network moves their playout to Frenchs Forest next year.

4 Likes

10 Upfronts for Brisbane tonight - as seen during weather cross.

4 Likes

Upfronts for Brisbane?
I didn’t know they have separate upfront events…?

3 Likes

Possibly for the local advertisers and buyers.

8 Likes

correct.

3 Likes

Yup, they do it every year. Pretty sure Melb, Adel and Perth have already had theirs.

1 Like

Yes - Melbourne was Monday as reported in Herald Sun with Playing for Keeps renewal announced.

4 Likes