Network Ten post-CBS

Another possibility is 7mate, 7flix or 7 airing new episodes and possibly say last 5 or 10 series of the Simpsons and the balance going to SBS or ABC

Classic Simpsons on SBS VICELAND :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Would be a perfect show to pull Viceland out of its hole, but based on their treatment of South Park, they donā€™t deserve it.

Iā€™d rather it go to 9Go.

4 Likes

its really up to fox, but its all speculation

If they arenā€™t happy with what Ten is offering, I doubt theyā€™d be happy with what a tiny channel like Viceland could offer. Unless they accept it to spite Ten.

Fairfax also late to the party. Just reporting what appeared in NewsCorp papers today.

4 Likes

I guess it was bound to given that Rupertā€™s son and bruce Gordon failed to buy ten

1 Like

Bit of a stupid question, but if Fox TV Production produces Modern Family, why do they not air it on Fox stations instead of selling it to ABC?

The sooner CBS takes complete control the betterā€¦ bring on 2018.

10 Likes

9 have said same as Tenā€¦they might be interested in the top shows but not a full package.

1 Like

If that unlikely scenario was to happen. The Australiaā€™s media section would launch all out war against the ABC and SBSā€¦

1 Like

Meh! Loss of Simpsons, Modern Family and This Is Us will be missed but I donā€™t think it makes a difference to TEN. None were rating highly.

9 Likes

WIN and Ten could split and Fox shows could end up on WIN in regional areas with no host channel in Metro areas. Just thinking about Bruce Gordonā€™s threat to independently program WIN last decade when he was in dispute about program fees with NINE

I wouldnā€™t be surprised to see Neighbours returned to the main channel next year and the multichannels revamped.

3 Likes

I would be very surprised if it did, considering its ratings lately.

4 Likes

Personally, Iā€™m much more interested about the future of Tenā€™s news/current affairs department or their locally produced childrenā€™s programing on Eleven.

Fox programs like The Simpsons and Modern Family will probably find a new home on another networkā€™s multichannel (think the likes of 9Go! or 7mate). If not, at least thereā€™s still reruns on FOX8 + DVD boxsets!

4 Likes

Thats true, but back onto my Bruce Gordon point, he has been for a number of years been trying to become Australiaā€™s fourth commercial network. At present it isnā€™t economically viable, but he still may be trying to force the governments hand and given existing contracts a FOX/WIN partnership is possible.

However, if the government were to do that, it would probably have to amalgamate ABC and SBS into the one channel, (perhaps merging ABC2/Kids and ABC/ME into one channel to give a channel available for Food Network and then give SBS main channel to channel 21 and maybe open up another channel maybe 25 or 27 for viceland). The Federal government would also need to cut all advertising from any previously SBS aligned stations to free up possible advertising revenue and to be in keeping with ABCā€™s charter

The above would open up the 3 frequency, which Mr Gordon may then be able to take (unless he tries to muscle in on the 4 frequency (re WIN 4 Wollongongā€™s origins) and force others on the 4 frequency back to 3).

Frankly, Bruce Gordon is making one hell of a mess of the place and lets hope the Federal Government doesnā€™t bow to pressure to open up the prospect of a fourth commercial FTA channel given Tenā€™s recent financial woes.

Yea, nah. Canā€™t see any of that actually happening anytime soon.

4 Likes

lets hope not, but I honestly couldnā€™t see Nine/WIN partnership ending 10 years ago given that NBN was bought by Nine and SCA owned NRTV in northern NSW, but that did thanks to Bruce Gordonā€™s I will take my bat and ball and go home if i canā€™t get his own way attitude, much like a spoilt little child

Considering weā€™ve just had a free to air network go to the wall, it would be very difficult to argue that the market is big enough for another player to enter.
Both sides of Government are also very conservative (see how much effort it took to get the media reforms through) and there would still be substation opposition to any reduction of the public broadcasters.

3 Likes

That article is really misleading. None of those shows are hits for Ten any longer.

3 Likes