Network Ten post-CBS

Quite a number? As in five?

1 Like

You would be surprised. Australian Survivor has quite a decent following overseas.

2 Likes

It is on in NZ isnā€™t it, but is it broadcast anywhere else? The number of people watching it illegally are very low in comparison to other series.

My point being that with Survivor being such a popular franchise in the US, there would probably be a fair amount of people who would be interested in watching the Australian version (if it was offered on CBS All Access).

3 Likes

I think youā€™re grasping. Americans arenā€™t known for wanting to watch Australian shows. I think 5 is about right.

Explain the popularity of Miss Fishers Murder Mysteries then. It has a cult following in the US and is popular worldwide as well as its being broadcast in 172 countries.

1 Like

I knew a yank who loved Paradise Beachā€¦ True :slight_smile:

1 Like

Iā€™m aware of several Australian shows that have cult followings in the US. Wentworth, A Place to Call Home, Rush, Dr Blake and Jack Irish are some of the titles Iā€™ve seen discussed by yanks on streaming media forums since more Australian shows have been made readily available to American audiences via services such as Netflix and Acorn TV. Wentworth is considered by some as being superior to Orange Is the New Black. I can definitely see CBS wanting to get in on some of that action now Australian product has found an audience in America.

4 Likes

And Dr Chris Brown has featured on CBSā€™s Saturday morning lineup for a while now.

If itā€™s quality content and on trend, most regions are keen to pick it up and at least offer it VOD.

1 Like

You also have to remember that America, UK and Europe are such huge markets. Just because you donā€™t see Aussie shows topping the ratings charts doesnā€™t mean they donā€™t have a huge following. An Aussie show easily have a bigger number of viewers overseas than it does Iā€™m Australia.

3 Likes

And itā€™s the reason why Neighbours is still alive.

6 Likes

Even if you donā€™t agree, I donā€™t know how you can suggest that only 5 people would watch the Australian version. I mean, 5 people out of 323 million? :frowning: I know itā€™s an exaggeration, but still. Donā€™t think so.

4 Likes

unless they are expatriate Australians in the US!

I find it funny CBS beat Rupe and Brucey to the Ten network!

Iā€™ve got a novel ideaā€¦OK, not that novel, but Iā€™m on pain medicationā€¦

cbstenlogo
thecwelevenlogo

Donā€™t know what you do with One. Maybe push it off a cliff? :laughing:

7 Likes

Quite a good suggestion, but I donā€™t know if the ā€œCWā€ taking over 11 would work. Well, CBS owns half of the network (same as its 33% ownership of 11 prior to the Ten purchase) but what would Time Warner say about this to Australia?

1 Like

donā€™t let Jbar see this.

6 Likes

I choose to ignore ridiculous posts, so no need for trolling.

7 Likes

The Simpsons and Modern Family have gotten the axe from Ten.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/television/doh-simpsons-modern-family-gone-from-freetoair-tv/news-story/a5247555e6b7e4422e3cebef4999d596

1 Like

I wonder if sbs or abc might make a play form some of foxā€™s content too?

I can see Seven (7mate) picking up the repeat rights to the Simpsons.

3 Likes