Network Ten post-CBS

i think (at least with the F1’s) it will go the other way and coverage will be bumped up. the races rate reasonably well for the timeslots and the aussie race could be a good promo platform to get the year off to a good start

1 Like

I’d expect a similar deal for F1 to how it is now (Fox and Ten) but with a bit more FTA coverage. Supercars is anybody’s guess.

Hmmm…

4 Likes

It’s pretty noteworthy that they mention news first!

3 Likes

Interesting that yesterday saw new seasons of Dr Chris: Pet Vet and The Open Road with Dr Chris commence as part of CBS’s Saturday morning line-up in the US. I wonder is there will be an opportunity for other Australian shows/talent to feature on US network TV or one of their cable channels.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t be surprised to see some of Ten’s dramas end up being offered on CBS All Access in the US. Perhaps even Australian Survivor would attract a decent audience on it.

5 Likes

Chris Mitchell in The Australian writes that News Corp was believed to be planning on placing Sky News, “the most professional 24-hour political news service in the country”, on one of Ten’s multichannels. Mitchell hopes that CBS will implement that, and that Ten, Foxtel and Fox Sports continue their relationship.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/media/opinion/there-is-a-future-for-three-commercial-tv-networks-in-australia/news-story/c594d6fce836b2db35a6282d81d39bdb

Mitchell seems to have accepted that CBS will complete the purchase of Ten.

1 Like

16 Likes

27197391-5DA7-42BE-B180-1C70C9ADC8C1

Edit: @MLVD Great minds think alike. :joy:

11 Likes

whereas I look at this bit and have that reaction:

Why would they do something like that when they have dragged this on with the legal action, already done so much damage to the Ten brand and are just going to make things difficult anyway.

3 Likes

I’ve fixed that for you! :wink:

Also…Paul Murray and Andrew Bolt getting their awful programs exposed to a wider audience? No thanks!

6 Likes

That opinion piece is a grovelling piece of shit. He blatantly saying that without News Corp or fox ten still can’t survive. And how fucking laughable is the comment about how it would be a shame for free to air viewers to miss out on the brilliant sky news.

7 Likes

I don’t know how I’ve managed to cope without Sky news for 20 years

8 Likes

My Family got rid of Foxtel Two Weeks before Food Network started.

I just survive with News 24 and Facebook / Twitter.

Haven’t they usually pushed the exact opposite line - that it’s far too much of a premium product to give away free?

The view now it seems is that fox need ten as 24/7 promotional tool to push people to subscribe. Give them a taste and they will come. This comes at the expense of ten being an independent broadcaster with its own identity. They want a fox relay station.

3 Likes

You could say the same about TEN and CBS All Access. We’ll see.

1 Like

An interesting editorial by Brad Smart on Radioinfo about Ten under CBS ownership: The Media Shakeout: Will CBS keep the wolves off radio?

Smart arguing that Lachlan Murdoch and Bruce Gordon will be happy because they have profitable radio interests. Not likely. Murdoch’s main jobs are Fox and News, and Gordon’s main focus is WIN Television.

Both lost a lot more than $100 million.

Gordon did decades ago. But it hasn’t been exceptional in recent years. Everyone knows Lachlan’s record.

4 Likes

Australian Survivor would probably achieve a decent following if it was offered on CBS All Access in the US, as the US series continues to perform well in the ratings and there would be quite a number of Americans who would be fascinated to see how people from “down under” perform on the series.

5 Likes