Network 10 2022

Is 30,000 that bad?

1 Like

But its on streaming and its just to get a sample to taste it so they can decide whether to go forward with it. It is not like it has any sponsors or is going to generate much of a profit to 10 anyway.

2 Likes

Don’t know about having it “out” for them but you might have it “in” for them as a lot of posters on here seem to have! IMO 10 at least try more new programs and ideas than 9 and 7. Nine sometimes try some new things but all 7 do is recycyle old shows and ideas and seem to escape criticism. And ruin old shows such as Big Brother! Courtney Act’s show was interesting and enjoyable and how many watched is irrelevant.

1 Like

hmm not entirely. It would have to be a factor.

Although, as an outsider, clearly, I would have thought 30,000 for an online pilot for an untested show is probably not too bad. But ideally I think they should have given all the pilots a FTA screening. It’s not like Ten’s schedule is overflowing as it is.

4 Likes

Also you have to remember you have to login and I know watching Internet off TV is annoying if you have to log into everything. Most people will watch something cause its on or word of mouth.

I am very impressed with Hunted and was from the moment I saw the first promo. It feels like 10 are starting to get it together and if they get the afl australias tv landscape will change dramatically.

As for numbers for pilot showcase, they absolutely are important. Content is made to be watched and numbers like this for a major streaming platform are not good

2 Likes

For a pilot for an untested TV show, available only online, what numbers do you realistically think are viable?

1 Like

I have to agree… 30k sounds reasonable for such a low viewing platform. Not sure what number they were expecting?

I was told by a source that advertorials get more streams.

I believe it was a big mistake to move it online and these numbers prove that. What is the point of only 30k people are sampling the show?

Pilot week was such a good idea and it’s been driven into the ground. I’m just disappointed.

It’s not. The agenda is blatantly obvious.

1 Like

Another lazy comment without any evidence and you completely ignore the positive examples I gave of things I have said about 10.

Uninformed and lazy.

One would think you have an agenda against me?

2 Likes

One positive example doesn’t make up for the many insufferable examples.

1 Like

Again. An easy throwaway line. There are MANY examples of when I have spoken positively about 10. But I do understand that doesn’t fit your agenda.

And btw I offered two in my post earlier. But facts don’t really matter to you apparently.

2 Likes

Ok on that note, let’s move on everyone…

4 Likes

Agreed, 10-30k is pay tv territory, they should have been able to get at least 150k on Ten (poor for the timeslot, but that would be the minimum expectation in a 9:30 timeslot). Five times the audience than what they achieved on Ten Play.

1 Like

its just proves that the days of BVOD are slowly coming to an end

It could also be a reflection that nobody wants to use 10Play. Out of all the BVOD services, 10Play is easily the worst. Spruce up the UI on the desktop, give it HD and fix the many issues it has. Surely they’re selling more ads on 10Play than just VB, Sportsbet and Neds that they can throw in instead of looping the same ones over and over again.

2 Likes

Obviously you haven’t watched 9 Now. Trying to watch Young Sheldon is excruciating with the same ads repeating ad nauseam. But once again it’s much easier to criticise 10!

2 Likes

Well this is a 10 thread, but go off chief.

1 Like