Network 10 2019

… or perhaps they forgot that they pinched the idea for that show to be scheduled around that time of the year from my mock and to swap the names out? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Another thing which came out of that interview was that Ten and CBS could explore doing co-productions from next year

Reno swap is the working title and for casting, it’ll definitely be called Changing Rooms.

No name change, just confirmation of the shows on-air name.

i guess this is the same as Seven casting for Just Desserts by calling it a baking show before they were ready to announce the return of that show. They might have been worried about someone pinching the idea of Changing Rooms. before they were ready.

The problem with PIR was that they did it as a “selling opportunity” of advertising for BigW. The show was made for advertising revenue and not as an actual game show. That’s why Big W was plastered everywhere.

1 Like

Summer Sparkles On TEN

Sizzling Summer Nights With Dancing With The Stars, Chris & Julia’s Sunday Night Takeaway, Changing Rooms And Much More.

The New Year’s hangover has faded. The Christmas tree is back in its box. The last of the leftover Christmas ham is done and dusted. But that doesn’t mean there won’t be plenty more to celebrate and enjoy with the family at the start of the new year, as TEN delivers a feast of big entertainment for summer and the first quarter of 2019.

The tasty new line-up includes Dancing With The Stars, Chris & Julia’s Sunday Night Takeaway and Changing Rooms . Is there more? Yes, of course there is. Catch jungle fever with the wild new season of I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here! and feel the love with another round of Bachelor In Paradise .

And that is just the start. The line-up will also include all-new episodes of The Project, The Living Room, Pointless , Hughesy We Have A Problem, Show Me The Movie! and more.

The shiny new summer and first-quarter smorgasbord kicks off during the first half of January 2019 and runs until the king of cooking – MasterChef Australia – returns for a delicious 11th season.

Network Ten Chief Executive Officer, Paul Anderson, said: “We told you we were committed to investing in original local content with broad appeal and we weren’t lying.

“Australians want local stories and local content. That’s why we have launched more than a dozen new domestic shows this year across multiple genres, and the new content we are revealing today for 2019 will build on that momentum.

“Ten has always been different. Without summer sport, we now have an incredible line-up of new and returning entertainment favourites that are perfect for LIVE family viewing – as we promised!,” he said.

Network Ten Chief Content Officer, Beverley McGarvey, said: “Today’s announcement is a key part of our plan to give viewers and advertisers 50 weeks of first-run, locally-produced shows every year.

“Our summer and first-quarter content has something for the whole family and will offer a compelling alternative to what else is on offer.

“We are thrilled to introduce the new-look Dancing With The Stars . Hosting duties will be superbly handled by Amanda Keller and Grant Denyer and this show will certainly add a little sparkle to your summer evenings in a dazzling live entertainment event,” she said.

Changing Rooms is the show that reinvented the renovation genre on television and we are going to take it to a new level with multiple room reveals in every single episode.

“And in more good news, Julia and Chris will return to the jungle for the new special event season of the LIVE family entertainment hit I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here! ,” Ms McGarvey said.

“When they have finished tormenting celebrities in Africa they will return to Australia as the fun continues with an Aussie spin on the UK smash hit family entertainment show – Chris & Julia’s Sunday Night Takeaway – which will be the perfect mix of laughs, chaos and unpredictable live fun.

“And Osher will be back with a second season of the TV and social hit Bachelor In Paradise , wrangling a new line-up of some of our most memorable Bachelor and Bachelorette stars as they seek a second or even a third chance to find their Mr or Ms Right.”

Network Ten Chief Sales Officer, Rod Prosser, said: “We know Aussies love entertainment television and this summer, we’re kicking off a schedule which will give advertisers more opportunities than ever to engage with our shows and audiences.

“There is a huge untapped opportunity for brands to integrate into premium entertainment shows over summer and we are filling this gap with the launch of Chris & Julia’s Sunday Night Takeaway , Dancing With The Stars and Changing Rooms, plus the new seasons of I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here! and Bachelor In Paradise . We’re going big with these highly-integratable formats across all our platforms and can’t wait to share them with audiences.”

6 Likes

Interesting summer line up.

Without sport could they have a 10pm edition of sports tonight each day to wrap up all the cricket, tennis and football highlights? Could run each night in December and January.

8 Likes

Not a bad line-up to kick off the year, but a hot new summer drama wouldn’t have gone astray to compliment their new offerings IMO.

Maybe a short run Neighbours spin-off would’ve been an easy option to get to air quickly and give the show the opportunity to get a possible new following and main channel prime time promotion?

I wonder what special event of Celebrity means? I’m a Celebrity returnees?

Yes, this would have been amazing. But I guess they didn’t have a lot of time since finding out they lost the cricket rights. Perhaps next year. They could do a summer time soap sort of program.

1 Like

Yeah I saw that comment too, seems a strange thing to say - maybe bring back some fan favourites from earlier seasons who need the money! Do they do this on the UK version, bring people back again?

I think they did it once with Katie Price on the UK version. But no they haven’t done it regularly.

3 Likes

Could they be implying Eyewitness News will run locally throughout all of summer?

So this is all going to be shown in the non rating season (bar 2 weeks over xmas) ?

At first I thought they were just filling out the slide (they’ve missed including Pointless which was mentioned in their press release) but perhaps they could be? It would definitely show some commitment to improving their news service if they didn’t take their usual Xmas break.

1 Like

Didn’t they say December to April?

January to April.

1 Like

Time for OzTam to switch to year long ratings periods.

2 Likes

McGarvey told The Australian: “From Christmas to the end of April when MasterChef starts, we will have five big shows:" Did she actually mean “after the New Year” rather than “from Christmas”?

Julia and Chris’ schtick on I’m a Celeb is quite polarising. Viewers who aren’t a fan of their routine may be turned off by their appearance on multiple shows.