Network 10 2019

I’ll allow that because it’s a solid meme, but srsly. Once more = thread locked

4 Likes

Indeed. Go Brough…I mean Bort!

Looks like next year’s startup programs are much stronger than stripped Celebrity (Sunday Night, DWTS, Ambulance, Changing Rooms). Hopefully the variety pays off, but I somehow doubt it.

4 Likes

RIP to this thread

7 Likes

I wanted to discuss this in the 2019 thread but it is still locked. If it opens up again feel free to move this comment.

On TVTonight 10 confirmed there will be a new format for Q4 following the Bachelorette to lead up to Chirstmas. What they were wrong about is 10 committing to a 50 week scheudle. With Celebrity starting 2 weeks after New Years and a program up until Christmas that makes a 49 week schedule.

I still personally think Celebrity would be better suited after The Bachelorette and for 10 to invest in something new to begin the 2019 year (The Apprentice, The Amazing Race or Big Brother are all options I would consider if I were 10).

How dare they promise 50 and only deliver 49.

2 Likes

Well it’s a bit of a lie and an annoying one if you ask me

:roll_eyes: You better hold them to it and mention it at least once a week until 2020.

With the nightly over-runs on reality shows, surely that would add up to an extra week’s viewing over the year :wink:

4 Likes

“We’ll have a new Entertainment format for Q4 to announce, for post- Bachelorette , to lead up to Christmas”.

Big Brother ? Please be Big Brother :thinking:

2 Likes

The quote is “new Entertainment format”. Big Brother is an old format.

4 Likes

Still think Tommy Little should have his own tonight show… come on Ten, launch it.

4 Likes

Agreed.

Taking into consideration the lacklustre 2012-14 seasons on Nine, the absolute ratings disaster which was Celebrity Big Brother US on 9Go! just last year and that Big Brother UK (probably the overseas version that was most similar in format to ours, and what probably inspired Ten to pick up Big Brother for Australian TV in the Early 2000s) has now been axed, it’s now very highly unlikely that any Australian TV network would currently be interested in any form of Big Brother revival IMO.

I’m thinking it may just be a condensed Big Brother. Normally CBS out of the US don’t strip the format across multiple nights as far as I am aware but they have this season and it looks to be doing fairly okay for them.

1 Like

Could you imagine your comments if I did?

More like an extra year.

1 Like

I would love to see Big Brother but NOT a “family friendly” version. Put in people that are gonna cause a fuck load of drama and fights. Look at MAFS, it’s hardly family friendly, yet rates very well. Also needs Friday Night Games and Uplate. I think it could work.

4 Likes

How about just casting well instead of trying to skew to one particular agenda? I’m a Celeb casting this year has been great IMO despite being ‘low key’.

Regarding up-late. 10 Peach is where it should be. Perhaps around 9:30.

I can get behind Friday Night Games. I like what they are doing with Show Me the Movie on Fridays. If they can get some year round ‘fresh’ content including The Living Room in that slot it is a positive.

I’d also like them to go variety on Sunday Night. I’d like to see 2 additional formats for the back half of the year as opposed to flogging Sunday Night Takeaway. Hence why I believe ROVE should be in this slot post August / September.

1 Like

I knew there was a reason for why you kept repeating yourself incessantly. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: