Neighbours

No, they have to move Neighbours as they are wanting to extend the five o clock news.

Can you post where it says it is directly replacing Home & Away, nothing is confirmed yet as far as I’m aware.

Exactly, so you may also need to edit your post 2 posts ago saying it is moving timeslots.

I think Neighbours has done quite well with the current Nicolette/Chloe/Aaron/David storyline. Nicolette is such a polarising character and I think many people are tuning in to see her get her comeuppance. I note that the Canberra scenes shot late last year haven’t been shown yet so it looks like we’ll see these in the next couple of weeks.

Im one of just a handful who still watch Neighbours here in Aus . It will feel odd to only watch ot 4 nights a week, but am sure i will get used to it quickly. I know it needs to catch up in England. I hope though its just until the end of the year (the 4 eps that is).

1 Like

I checked the articles and you’re right, nothing is confirmed, not even the change to a one hour news bulletin and moving Neighbours. Just lots of speculation.

Charlotte was replaced by Leo Tanaka in the opening titles to fit with the storyline.

Yes. Nicolette has done runner and with Charlotte Chimes out of the credits, it’s made to look like she is gone good. But has she? :wink:

Is this really the reason though? Surely it’s lockdown related? If it’s storyline related that would mean 20,000-30,000 people “monitor” the show online and don’t actually watch it. How would people know/ care that this storyline is reaching its peak if they don’t watch the show/ aren’t committed and attached to its characters and stories?

1 Like

We’ve already acknowledged the lockdown effect in the ratings threads. Some people watch certain series but not every episode. It’s quite common for shows to lose or gain viewers based on storylines. That’s how ratings work.

1 Like

And tonight’s episode was the last Friday Episode to air in Australia for some time…

1 Like

They should have tried a classic episode of Neighbours on Friday nights, like how the USA did for B&B at one stage.

1 Like

If they were willing they could easily clear a spot for classic Neighbours on the Peach schedule and I doubt people would miss the endless sitcom re-runs.

3 Likes

Just so people know they scheduled a 4th episode of Friends at 6:30 on Friday so that means 4 episodes of Friends will now air on Fridays. Like they really don’t care at Peach do they given how terrible that lineup has been for so long.

The lineup is pretty strong, does well in demos and consistent. It’s lazy programming though.

They air the same episodes of Friends and Big Bang twice since they proceed to re-air the same batch of episodes starting at 9. I hope when they re-branded to Peach things might get better but its just more of the same lazy scheduling that plagued 11 for years.

Almost all multi-channels are the same, just airing endless repeats of shows that were once popular and whatever dregs wouldn’t work on the main channel.

2 Likes

Well one day Melbourne has 50k and another 25k, Sydney 40k and 15k. If they all happen to be high together it adds up.

I know they all do it but there is just something about Peach in-particular that really bothers me, Perhaps its the constant Friends and Big Bang blocks they feel propelled to do.

Every episode of those two shows are available on Netflix, yet they still rate well.

1 Like

Does anyone follow Nicola Charles who played Sarah Beaumont on Twitter? She’s turned into an absolute loonie. She’s created this “Charles in Charge” video blog. She’s absolutely lost the plot. No wonder the show doesn’t want/ refuses to have her back.