The NCIS metaverse

Interesting we’re getting all 3 seasons in one go.

I’ll personally probably stockpile NO till 2018 when LA and NCIS are finished. I think it’s overkill showing all 3 at exact same time of year.

So is CBS making a mistake showing all three at the same time of the year?

then the same people will say why didn’t they fast track it. That if they hold it off to 2018, then it won’t be a success.

What does CBS have to do with it?

I just think 3x NCIS series on the Ten schedule each week is a bit much. Then when they finish at roughly the same time, back to a stack of repeats across the schedule.

Referencing the fact that CBS runs the 3 series concurrently in the US.

1 Like

Not really relevant to Ten. It’s great CBS can make it work as part of a larger schedule for them.

With Ten’s lack of content, having weeks and weeks of repeats permeating the primetime schedule in middle of winter (peak survey) is unacceptable.

Unless they can guarantee absolute minimum 500k for each series (800k for the original) in the current schedule, it’s not worth wasting it all and tiring the audience. Better to show two now and one later to ensure new content across the year.

Episode 3 and 4 of NCIS: New Orleans are scheduled next Sunday. If episode 5 and 6 are shown on Sunday November 5 we will be up to date with the US, with episode 6 shown five days after the CBS broadcast.

Wisdom of the Crowd debuts 5 November so it will probably take the place of one of those episodes.

David McCallum has confirmed he will continue to play Ducky in season 16 of NCIS, but on a limited schedule so he can spend more time with his family.

Last night’s episode on Ten was not only the last episode for founding cast member Pauley Perrette (Abby), but also English actor Duane Henry who played Clayton Reeves for two seasons. Last week Henry said in an interview that his exit was due in part to the character’s meandering storyline following the death of former showrunner Gary Glasberg.

Not a pleasant workplace.

Wilmer Valderrama (Nick) is in Australia to promote the upcoming 16th season of NCIS and to attend Sunday’s Logie Awards. It’s confirmed during The Project tonight that Ten would show the new season later this year.

Yesterday I was involved in a minor traffic accident and taken to the hospital. I’m pleased to report I’m recovering well and have no serious injuries. Thank you for all the well wishes! I’m looking forward to starting production on NCIS: Los Angeles later this summer.”

Ten is promoting new NCIS as coming soon, with the new season starting this Tuesday 25th in the states it’ll be interesting to see where they fast track it to - possibly 8:30pm Tuesday’s with new Bull following at 9:30pm.

NCIS season 16 starts next Sunday (October 7) at 9pm.
NCIS: Los Angeles season 10 premieres Tuesday October 23 at 9.30pm.
NCIS: New Orleans season 5 premieres Saturday October 27 at 8.30pm.

It seems that Ten now have enough server capacity to be able to broadcast NCIS in HD for the first time.

5 Likes

Is this the case with all programming or is some being shown in upscaled SD still?

NCIS season 16’s first episode will be repeated tonight after Australian Survivor reunion show.