NBN News

You can now watch ‘Return To Richmond Vale’ online

1 Like

Paul Lobb back presenting tonight with Natasha.

Was the dawn service caps from Central Coast or Gold Coast?

Or did they add the NBN bug across all markets?

Last year in Newcastle there was no NBN bug

there were no NBN bugs on the Newcastle feed this year either, so those caps above are from the GC or CC feed.

1 Like

It was recorded from the Central Coast feed.

Where they still normally have an “NBN” in small font to the right of the Nine logo on the watermark.

It makes me realised that the old 9News set was placed adjacent to the former NBN News set, as shown on Twitter. (I’m glad they didn’t dismantled it, albeit the plasmas and screens were removed.) It won’t be long for them, however, when the move occurs in months.

4 Likes

NBN have the old Brisbane set, not the Sydney one (which went to Brisbane while they dismantled this one).

1 Like

Shame they can’t do any extensive coverage like they did when the Jets last won the A-League, or when the Knights won the ARL/NRL titles. And that the station that can, and has the rights to, won’t.

As for the old sets, why not donate them to the Newcastle Museum? Or the Uni? In fact, some of the old artifacts should be donated to the Museum and Uni for safekeeping. Nothing like a good bit of PR.

1 Like

I’m surprised that the old set is still there. But I guess it’s easier to leave it and have everything dismantled at once.

1 Like

2 live crosses to the Jets game tonight

imageimage

4 Likes

Thanks for those caps.

Was that in the local Newcastle news/sport window (knowing NBN, I’m guessing it wasn’t).

And would they have worn Newcastle supporter gear if they were playing a Central Coast or Gold Coast team? HMMM… maybe not… ?

2 Likes

Knowing that NBN News has previously shown unashamedly strong support for the Knights with tweets like this, why am I not overly surprised that something similar applies to Jets coverage in the Mosbri Cresent newsroom?

2 Likes

Probably due to the fact that Nine does not spend one cent on Jets sponsorship. That job is WIN’s. WIN sponsors the Jets, and Ten airs the A-League, albeit on relay from Fox.

Maybe they might pay more attention if Jets fan go all Vancouver Caunck and riot tonight. There’s another Logie in it for them! :rofl:

2 Likes
3 Likes

The first 3 minutes of NBN news tonight was all about the goal that shouldn’t have been in last nights A League Grand Final.

There was nothing about the game itself or the impact on the town etc.
Nothing in the local news window either.

2 Likes

Time: 8.37am
Date: Sunday 6 May

Producer 1: “Do you think anyone would notice if we put the Newcastle news and sports windows to air on the Gold Coast tonight”
Producer 2: “Nah… nobody will notice the difference!!” :rofl:

At least the weather window was local.

5 Likes

Same thing happened on the Central Coast too.

Maybe there was a technical issue and no one else got their local news or sport windows?

They couldn’t seem to get past THAT goal tonight… it got a mention 3 or 4 times during the bulletin.

2 Likes

I thought it would be something technical. I guess most reports shot today could get a run tomorrow night in their local markets.

They seemed obsessed with the A-League result tonight. It clearly shows how Newcastle centric their whole operation is.

3 Likes

The amazing thing is that it’s been like that for over 26 years, and they are STILL doing that.

4 Likes