NBN News

Whoops. It’s either way on who to adjust.

Some caps of the Return to Richmond Vale doco:

6 Likes

A somewhat odd intro to an NBN News report tonight on the Wests Tigers v Newcastle Knights game in Tamworth this weekend.

It said regardless of who you follow in relation to the game (a piece which seemed to be aimed at Tamworth viewers), which I thought was odd coming from a bulletin which has distinct Knights overtones e.g… score updates at the end of the bulletins whenever the Knights are playing at the time (but never for any other team) and comments like “Go The Knights”.

1 Like

Something I haven’t seen before.

NBN Central Coast reporter Jess Norton filing a report on the Central Coast Mariners from inside their Erina offices.

4 Likes

Natasha Bayersdorf presented solo tonight.

2 Likes

Gavin Morris was on 9 News Now this afternoon.

1 Like

he is quite often.

NBN confirmed in the news last night they will move to new premises in Newcastle.

God help us if that’s Level 7 18 Honeysuckle. We have their sales reps and the place is already chockers - Level 6 is half empty though! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

There’s a lot of noise in Natasha’s mic tonight, like the A/C is too loud, or they’ve had to bring her mic up a heap and the noise floor has been brought up.

1 Like

There was a storm right over Newcastle as the bulletin was going to air. The background noise might have been the rain outside

1 Like

That’s probably it. As I’m sure @MLVD can confirm, heavy rain could be heard in the background of Jane Goldsmith during the ANZAC Day 2015 bulletin and there’s probably been other occasions it’s happened before.

When they move buildings, they might want to make sure the new studio is sound proof! :wink:

Unless they’re going to move it to Sydney…

3 Likes

I’m sure they will, as the studio will likely be a shoebox in an office building.
Southern Cross Tasmania had the same problem with their old studio as it was basically a big shed - apparently their temperature control and sound issues are much better since moving to their new studio inside the office section of the building.

3 Likes

Presumably when NBN moves into it’s new studios, there’ll probably be something like the current set-up for Nine News in other regional markets? Because I couldn’t imagine the current set (or something of a similar size) fitting into the new facilities!

Although at least one positive is that NBN News bulletins from the new facilities will (most likely) be produced in native HD!

4 Likes

It has been mentioned somewhere that it will be a “Purpose built facility”…

NBN is such a ratings winner in growing markets that I doubt they will shove a tiny desk in a Honeysuckle office block.

I would bank on something similar to this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Jw_tfWiPqI

1 Like

This link is doing the rounds.

Sorry what did you say Tash? haha

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Rk2hKgEWTO8p-SD7teFoEbm46tgI-sMB/view

3 Likes

The only market where NBN is #1 for 6pm news these days (weeknights at least) is the Newcastle/Hunter region.

2 Likes

Out of interest, where do you find the info for regional ratings?

I wouldn’t put it past them to have the bulletin produced in Sydney TBH. If and where they can, I could see Nine squeeze every last drop out where they can to save/make a little extra do-re-mi. Which is a shame, as there are some good people there. Like us at the DoE - both are run by nufties, and good people who are good at their jobs get shafted.

Slip of the tongue there. I’ve said similar in front of kids and they’ve never let me forget it.