NBN News

I watched a bit of it tonight, didn’t notice anything sound wise.

And I hope this is not a sign of things to come, but there looked to be the same generic Easter holiday traffic police blitz news item included in each of the local windows tonight, as it was also covered in the local news headlines recap and had a “Northern NSW” super.

Given the Local News window is only 5-6 minutes long, it further cuts into the amount of genuine local news, which is already a bit skinny in many regions as they often air “out of market” stories as well.

1 Like

NBN News on Fetch TV, there is no video on there yet, looks like they were just testing it… they really need to rename it to “NBN News Newcastle”…

2 Likes

Agree re naning.

There’s something down the bottom under “Latest Clips”. Does it play?

1 Like

It’s a Nine News promo and it’s called “Preview”. Looks like a test file to me

3 Likes

So NBN News did a “Live Drone Shot” of Mooney Mooney just now… first time I have heard them say this. They have said helicopter before but not drone.

EDIT: here is the video

3 Likes

Wow this is rare, NBN have continued to take breaking news of the Bondi Attack from Sydney, no NBN News.

I’ll update this post if NBN News starts later on…

2 Likes

So has GTV

3 Likes

I turned over to 9NBN (or whatever they’re called this week) from about 6.10 pm and it was all 9News Sydney.

In the “old” days, in the rare occurrence they took 9News for any period at all, there would either be a ticker on screen advising of the NBN News start time or there’d be 9News logo coverup. None of that tonight. How times have changed

1 Like

Salty… :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Their branding is still a complete mess, but that’s for another thread and day.

1 Like

Melbourne was really good, they took Sydney’s feed for a while as the major story, then ran the Melbourne intro, did 15 mins of local news sport weather then back to Sydney.

NBN should have done the same.

1 Like

Probably a bit harder for them to restructure the bulletin at short notice given they would have been pre-recording the local news windows during the afternoon coverage.

Nine Melbourne broke away at 6.25 straight after the press conference to present local news, sport and weather until 7.00pm.

I believe Brisbane broke away at 6.12.

1 Like

Sunday 14 April: Gavin Morris presenting with Jane Goldsmith this evening.

3 Likes

Two live crosses so far

In this forum I previously criticised the Nine journalists for not mentioning Gav, Tash or Jane’s name but they actually did it tonight.

The third “cross” so Sophie Upcroft was pre recorded.

2 Likes

Good to see him on weather but he’s just really not good at news.

Great they had a bulletin though

Still, I think he’s a better presenter than Paul Lobb was. Though I would prefer newsreaders that come up through the reporting ranks and ‘earn’ the prime newsreading gig that way.

2 Likes

I disagree, he has come a long way from when he first started. His reporting from the Northern Rivers during the floods in 2022 and his stints on Weekend Today over the summer have really boosted his presenting ability.

9NBN is now LIVE on 9Now, I first noticed it this morning when I saw the “We love it” station ID, I saw this local ad and noticed it matched my Newcastle TV.

Let’s see if we’ll see NBN News streaming live tonight.

I’m guessing you have to share your GPS location to the app to get the local feed.

EDIT: Added NBN News update screenshot.

7 Likes

Yes, I saw on Sunday night that the NBN bulletin was live on 9Now.

But only for Newcastle/Hunter and Northern Rivers i believe. Curious to know what Tamworth and Taree gets on 9Now, I assume the Sydney bulletin still?

3 Likes