My Kitchen Rules

Of course they did. Surely you knew this before. 7 aren’t going to spend that much money promoting a couple to have them leave 2 weeks in.

Didn’t they publicly reveal that neither of them can cook? At least to the standard one might expect for a cooking competition. Not so much karma as inability.

2 Likes

They said Josh has been cooking since he was 12. Austin can’t cook.

The same meal? That would explain the wait times at their instant restaurant.

1 Like

Milly, who joined group 2 of contestants in tonight’s episode, originally wanted to apply for this season with her ex-boyfriend. When that fell through, the producers paired her with Karolina.

The question is when it was the ladies’ turn to cook, where would it take place?

1 Like

At a rent-a-home like most of them do?

The budget must be low this year. Did you see the house Austin and Josh were in? I have been in caravans with better and bigger kitchens.

That probably was their own house. The only time they use another house is when either of the cooks doesn’t have a house big enough to sit that many guests at a dining room table and the crew filmkng it.

1 Like

MKR 2020.

1 Like

Well last nights episode was focused on the cooking and high scores, so let’s see how well it rated compared to other episodes.

4 Likes

Amazing cooking by Lisa and John, becoming the first team in MKR history to receive three 10s from both Pete and Manu in their instant restaurant. The mother and son’s score of 117 is also the highest instant restaurant score in the show’s history, breaking the previous record score (114) set by Sonia and Hadil last season.

1 Like

With 7 showing a season later this year (albeit a shorter one) do you think there is any chance of this being a way to shift the show to the second half of the year and then launching the 2020 year with a new franchise?

I mean the show is still doing incredibly healthy numbers by 2019 FTA standards and still has life in it but is trailing MAFS with no sign of that changing. A shift of time of year would make sense to me but will then come after Masterchef.

1 Like

Last night was also the longest running episode of the season at over 90 minutes so that might positively impact the ratings.

1 Like

Possibly but not unless they have a bigger hit to put up against MAFS. As long as they are still competitive, I think it would be a mistake to move MKR and give MAFS less competition.

With a weaker launch, they would struggle for the rest of the year.

MAFS was not always a big rater. It grew as they developed the concept. Realistically Seven need to do the same. May not beat MAFS in year one but if it is a good concept (like a good concept not some of the crap they have produced lately) then in time it will grow as MAFS ages.

1 Like

Easier said than done. How many flops did Nine have there in ten years before they had a hit?

3 Likes

it rated well in rural australia:)

1 Like

Seven promos for tonight’s episode

Did it live up to the saturation radio promotion? “The word that will shock Australia”.

Tonight from seven PR:

“TONIGHT – Lyn put her foot in her mouth, crushing Karolina with a hurtful comment.”

I think it did live up to the promotion. And I can’t believe it came from Lyn’s mouth, calling Karolina a transvestite.

2 Likes

Lyn said when she first saw Karolina she thought she looked trans. Karolina then turned that into the word transvestite which Lyn agreed with and apologised straight away for.

1 Like