My Kitchen Rules

I was going to say, more like Safeway robbery but they don’t exist any more.

5 Likes

Colin revealed that the team with the weakest dish in tonight’s ice-cream challenge would receive a penalty next time they cooked, i.e. in their ultimate instant restaurant. I wonder what the penalty would be?
The challenge was filmed on the Corso at Manly Beach on November 1 last year, with locals invited to head down at 4.30pm that day to have their say on whose creation was best.
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/manly-daily/my-kitchen-rules-is-filming-in-manly-and-they-need-taste-testers/news-story/20a7fba580e359a0c7032f869ac1a714

At the end of the challenge, Pete revealed that the ultimate instant restaurants would have a time limit for cooking of each course. Would Colin keep the timing?

1 Like

Shortened opening credits tonight to eight teams only.

1 Like

The part where Emma couldn’t turn the blowtorch off when doing dessert tonight was HILARIOUS!

7 Likes

We’ve seen it thousands of times in the promos so I don’t find it hilarious anymore…

You are just a bundle of happy aren’t you.

Those two have given us quite a few LOL moments. I’m looking forward to watching in full context.

Did anyone sample the ice cream in Coles today? :thinking:

1 Like

Well that’s your fault because you watch too much Channel Seven.

1 Like

Well like most of Australia I was watching the Commonwealth Games recently and this promo was one of many shoved down our throats during the coverage so don’t try to have a dig at my Seven favouritism here.

1 Like

But your Seven favouritism is obviously causing you to crack the sads so maybe a change is nevessary. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Pete mentioned tonight that one team will be eliminated at the end of the ultimate instant restaurant round alone, there will be no sudden death at the end as usual. This is not taking into consideration the team who gets booted off. In addition, he said that all the finals will be held at Kitchen HQ. At long last, we finally see the true home of MKR much too late!!! Plus Pete said that each team’s position on the leaderboard at the end of the round will matter for the finals.

@JohnsonTV, as I would have thought Colin was not present in these episodes keeping time. Why else would a third judge be flown around Australia for no reason, this idea seemed weird to me. The clock just ticks down as it normally does in instant restaurants until the guests arrive.

There was an Uncle Ben’s ‘90 second’ ad break promotion used during one of MKR’s ad breaks tonight that stayed true to its word. It was similar to something we’ve seen in Seven News Sydney in recent years where there was an ad break that was timed to be 60 seconds long exactly.

With the final score tonight, I’m beginning to smell a rat about the team that’s thrown out.

So Sunrise will have a sneak peek of Wednesday’s episode (which led to expulsion of one team) in the morning. I don’t think it’s a smart move, because it means there will be no need to tune in at night to see the full episode again.
I posted this in December last year when The Sunday Telegraph first revealed the ugly incident.

Turned out it was late into the season, the second ultimate instant restaurant challenge.
If I put two and two together, argument began to erupt between Jess & Emma and Sonia & Hadil at Henry & Anna’s family home after Jess & Emma scored a low 52 in their instant restaurant. The verbal stoush continued at the guest teams’ Launceston hotel afterwards which turned into physical scuffle. The producers returned to Sydney to review the incidents and decided to expel one team. There were more arguments at Kim & Soung’s instant restaurant in Melbourne before Manu decided to enforce producers’ order and said to one team: “you are excused from the table”. All of these would not have occurred had Jess & Emma worked well in the kitchen and received high scores for their cooking.

In tonight’s episode, Henry and Anna were not able to replicate their success in their first instant restaurant in which they got 107 points. Could it be due to time constraints introduced for the first time? Apart from the lemon tart which scored a 10 from Manu, the other five dishes were fairly average including lack of sauce on the lamb backstrap dish, chewy pastry in the beetroot tart etc.

2 Likes

The timing was weird for them too when they showed them coming from Launceston to Deloraine (40 minutes away) either from the hotel or the Airport only to film a few minutes with the family and then jump straight back in the car to go back to Launceston again to go shopping. An extra hour and a half in the car than necessary.

1 Like

Can’t wait to find out who gets kicked off… after the cricket, or the tennis on 7flix or wherever. This is the longest running MKR scandal in history and I reckon they’ve still got another 6 months before they tell us.

3 Likes

The Daily Telegraph is reporting that it is Sonya and Hadil will be the ones to get kicked out. It’s pretty who we all probably knew.

1 Like

As revealed in the promos the team is only asked to “leave the table” so don’t worry, the story won’t end tonight! :wink: Plenty of scope for next lot of promos: “Will they return?”

6 Likes

This has been reported since January.

2 Likes

Posted without comment, except to say it’s another example of Mamamia’s fine ‘investigative’ journalism:

While at the doctors this morning bored as ever I pick up the Daily Telegraph and there they were! not surprised as this was orchestrated by Seven to maintain viewers and it had nothing to do with cooking more like Home & Awary

1 Like

Home and Awry?

2 Likes