My Kitchen Rules

[quote]Despite being sold to viewers over several days promotion as the most dramatic exit of the season, Seven served up the equivalent of a soggy souffle, after the couple were talked into staying by judge Manu Feildel.
[/quote]
shock horror - Reality TV promo exaggerates what actually happens…

9 Likes

Isn’t this a case of misrepresentation rather than exaggeration though.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s exaggeration. Rival teams (especially Josh) were wrong in discussing Court and Duncan’s tardiness in their last instant restaurant pretending they were not at the table. Court however was also at fault for her overreaction to other contestants’ comments and eventual walk out.
The midwives served their dishes in a more timely manner but the food was below average and they replace Court and Duncan at the bottom of the ladder. Their reactions surely would be more low key.
Congratulations by the way to Tully who revealed her pregnancy in last night’s episode. It was about five months ago, so her baby could be due mid 2017.

And I think it would have been smarter to show it next week when viewers are still watching despite it being a non-ratings week, rather than Easter Monday which is a public holiday when more people will be away.

I don’t see why they can’t include these weeks in the ratings and the networks could just choose which days they could rest some shows. I’d say MKR would probably get the same ratings in those two weeks except for maybe Easter Sunday and Monday.

One reason for the rating pause around this time is the higher than normal number of people away from their homes and consequently OzTAM ratings boxes. People on holidays can’t be counted in the ratings even when watching TV and the accuracy of the data is lower than usual.

Edit: Not a defence of the ratings pause but a partial reason :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Seven’s promo for the next ep of MKR looks like this :rolling_eyes:

The Seafood King and his Queen think they’re in with a grin, but when there’s this much heat in the kitchen, it’s sure to show on the plate. With an elimination looming, will Josh & Amy jump ship?

Horror story. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

It was self proclaimed so they’re all taking the piss out of him.

1 Like

Well, Josh said the seafood sour curry smelled of piss, which offended many people.
David and Betty had hopes of beating Valerie and Courtney with their Asian dishes, but were let down again by their desserts. Their score of 86 were enough to send them to the finals though.
I wonder the finals match ups would be, but I think the producers should keep it simple (1 v 8, 2 v 7, 3 v 6, 4 v 5).

According to promo at the end of tonight’s instant restaurant, all 8 teams would cook in the quarter finals starting tomorrow. Pete said there would be one elimination every episode, so it seems every remaining team would cook together in Kitchen HQ before next week’s semi finals.

1 Like

Would’ve been hilarious if the other teams strategically gave Josh and Amy 10’s so they got through. The bit where Manu told Josh he would tear his dish apart lost all of its impact because we have seen it a thousand times already during the promos.

Still think they should have shown this episode last week along with a couple of the other episodes which had been shown on Thursdays. Then start the finals this week.

TUESDAY: The finals are here!

Our Top 8 teams hit Kitchen HQ for the first Quarter Final. The stakes are higher than ever as one team will be sent home every night until the Grand Final.

The Ultimate Instant Restaurant round played out in all its splendour but for the Seafood King, it was the one that got away. Tonight, it’s the finals. After sitting out the Ultimates, the pub mates are back. Everyone’s in combat mode but after a break from battle, will Tim and Kyle be out of ammunition?

And last night, yet another hyped up “walk out” turned out to be another non event after all… surprise surprise.

Personally, I’m pleased Josh and Amy are now out of the competition. I was getting a bit tired of his antics and how he continued to talk himself up - their constant arguing and inability to work together in the kitchen showed why they could never have won this competition.

Of the remaining teams, I think there are 6 teams that are capable of winning it from here… The only ones that I don’t think can are Mark & Chris and Karen & Ros.

Yes, I think many people will be relieved that Josh and Amy are out of the competition. All six dishes were poorly made and guests responded accordingly. Josh got the taste of his own medicine (or seafood) but Amy had to join him.
Given it was clear Josh and Amy would be eliminated, why Seven did not show the guest teams scores on air, forcing viewers to wait until around midnight to see the scores on the MKR website?

1 Like

Forced lol

The ratings this morning seem to indicate it was a good move to hold it over.

i don’t understand why they keep doing that every year. They could have spent 30 seconds showing those scores after the judges scores, to satisfy viewer curiosity.

Yeah. I take that that all back. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Seems like they knew what they were doing.

1 Like

David and Betty, and Amy and Tyson gave them a 2. All other teams gave them a 3.