My Kitchen Rules

You would hope that Pete or Manu would have shut down what Josh said as well. If they didn’t and were simply passive bystanders, that would be disappointing and inexcusable.

It couldn’t have been because it made no sense. If it was scripted, it would have been something clever. It was reactionary and just plain stupid.

Josh doesn’t seem like the sharpest tool in the shed so it’s not surprising he thought it would be funny to say that. Interesting also the difference in opinion between the judges and contestants especially in regards to Amy & Tyson’s desserts. Pete loved the G & T Pear and gave them a 10 yet the contestants hated it and Manu liked the braised parsnip yet the contestants except for the midwives hated it.

1 Like

Scripted or not, Josh’s slur is just unacceptable. I watched a bit of Sunrise this morning and a few comments on Twitter were shown on the screen calling for Josh to be kicked out of the show. Unfortunately, some viewers did not realise the show had been taped last year including the grand final, so it’s just wait and see how Josh would fare.
The incident overshadowed the instant restaurant. I always thought Amy and Tyson’s record score in their first instant restaurant was a fluke and I was right. They tried to replicate their success but went too far with some of their combination of ingredients (braised parsnip with curry lemon curd? yuck) and most other contestants did not like it. The score of 83 was a good reflection of last night’s instant restaurant.

7PM SUNDAY ON MKR

The start of the biggest week MKR has ever seen – a Super Dinner Party five nights in a row! Brace yourself for every jaw-dropping moment, plus some of the boldest and most delicious food yet.

Foodie friends Della & Tully need to shake off their demons, while at the table, old rivals change their tune. Join judges Manu Feildel and Pete Evans as the best of the best compete at the biggest dinner parties in town for their place in the MKR finals and a shot at the $250,000 grand prize.

SUNDAY 7.00, MONDAY-THURSDAY 7.30PM

Sunday 7.00pm - foodie friends Della & Tully need to shake off their dinner party demons, while at the table, old rivals change their tune.

The biggest dinner parties in town are now underway - one extra long table, 16 guests, double the entrées, double the mains, double the desserts and double the pressure!

Join judges Manu Feildel and Pete Evans as the best of the best compete for their place in the MKR finals and a shot at the $250,000 grand prize.

Just caught up. I can’t believe that Amy and Tyson’s sea urchin didn’t beat the rabbit ragu. No way was the ragu a “luxury” dish. It was a home-style dish that you wouldn’t get it at a high-end restaurant, but you might get the sea urchin dish. Pete and Manu threw the brief out the window and just picked the dish they liked eating the most. Terrible decision.

There was no mention made of Amy and Tyson’s bought bread toast or bought curry powder. Sometimes bought ingredients are a huge controversy and other times no one cares. Consistency please.

I didn’t see any promos beforehand so Josh’s insult came out of the blue for me, and It was a shock that even Josh would say that. TV shows are best watched without promos and "Coming up"s. From the comments here everyone knew it was coming long before.

But if it tasted better…?

Lol hwat

1 Like

[quote=“JBar, post:1001, topic:350”]
But if it tasted better…?[/quote]

It was supposed to be a “luxury” dish challenge, so should fish and chips in newspaper have won if it tasted better? The ragu was just an ordinary pasta dish so it didn’t qualify for the brief, whereas the sea urchin looked like and was a luxury dish, and the comments about it were all praise. It should have won, however good the ragu tasted.

But if it doesn’t taste good it doesn’t matter how luxurious it looks. You can’t tell from your lomge room.

There was a dish on the show which scored a 8 by the audience at home but then got 5 and 6 from the judges eating it.

But it did taste good. They said so. From the comments the two dishes were very close on taste, so the sea urchin should have got it for smashing the ragu in meeting the luxury dish brief.

Nine has announced the new season of The Voice will be shown on April 24-26 on its first week. It could possibly clash with the grand final week of MKR. Won’t Seven be embarrassed if the grand final loses to an audition episode of The Voice in the ratings?

It wont. I think The Voice will flop this year.

1 Like

Agree.

I think it’s going down the same road as DWTS. I don’t think it’s going to be as bad as The Biggest Loser’s effort, but I am predicting similar figures to what Celebrity has been getting. It’s had its run.

The in thing seems to be dating shows at the moment.

7.30PM MONDAY ON MKR

Footy friends Mark & Chris try to make their mark in the kitchen, while at the table, Josh sticks the boot in.

In the fight to the finals, footy friends Mark & Chris have got the guts but will they bask in the glory? Join judges Manu Feildel and Pete Evans as the best of the best compete at the biggest dinner parties in town for a place in the MKR finals and a shot at the $250,000 grand prize.

Della and Tully were lucky to get 88 points for their instant restaurant last night, as their dishes got mixed reactions from judges and rival teams. They got a 10 for the garlic bug entree and 9s for barramundi entree and lemon brulee tart, but a 7 for beef short ribs since prik nam pla sauce was too salty (the ribs were already cooked in coconut sauce so a second sauce was unnecessary).

Valerie and Courtney’s winning sauce from a couple of weeks ago sold out in record time (it went on sale on Tuesday March 21, but when I went to Coles at The Glen the next morning all the stock there was gone). Due to popular demand a second batch is being made and will be available from late April.
http://sevenwestmedia.com.au/docs/default-source/business-unit-news/my-kitchen-rules-underlines-the-power-of-television.pdf?sfvrsn=2

Speaking of Della and Tully, they just quipped that they thought Pete and Manu “looked like Bruce McAvaney and Ray Warren”.

Apart from the fact that they look nothing alike (though it was a sports theme instant restaurant), I reckon they were told to include those names as many viewers may only be familiar with one or the other, and not both.

1 Like

I also notice that the producers included the AFL Footy Show theme song (More than a Game) in the background music. They are not that silly to cross promote another network’s show are they?

Omg I heard that too and instantly made a mental note to watch that show.

4 Likes