My Kitchen Rules

7.30PM MONDAY ON MKR

The Super Dinner Parties Decider! The hottest prize in town is up for grabs and teams will fight harder than ever before. But achieving their finals dreams won’t be easy on a night when the food is sublime.

The remaining nine teams are delivered good news and better news – firstly, no one will be eliminated. Plus, the winner of tonight’s challenge will be fast tracked to the finals after a three part skills test at Kitchen HQ, while the remaining eight teams will travel around the country once more for the Ultimate Instant Restaurant round in their own homes. Tonight’s tests include the ultimate plating challenge; a team mate test using the same set of ingredients; and a test to produce the ultimate luxury fine dining dish. As winners of the last challenge, Tim & Kyle have the advantage of skipping the first test and choosing the order in which the other teams compete.

I thought he said “thanks lots” but ran it together so it sounded like something far worse.

Just saw the promo , and that’s what it sounds like he said, and there was no reaction from anyone nearby. The reactions shown could have been to anything.

Screen grab, just after the comment:

Pointless watching the last cook off between Amy & Tyson and Tim & Kyle given they’ve been running the ‘Thanks sluts’ promo all week so we knew who was going to win and not have to compete in the super dinner parties.

3 Likes

Yes that really was a pointless episode last night. Would have been better to have another elimination instead so all teams remaining were in the super instant restaurant round.

Now it meant only three teams would qualify to the finals from the super dinner parties round. Sitting out the fortnight while those eight instant restaurants should have given Tim and Kyle plenty of time to practice for the semi finals.
I don’t understand why Pete and Manu only gave each team three minutes to plate up in the first round of last night’s episode given they usually needed five minutes or more to plate in a normal cook off.

That seemed way too little time but as a result the disasters were quite hilarious to see.

Tonight 7.30 the Super Dinner Parties are here

It’s time for the biggest dinner parties ever seen on MKR – one extra long table, 16 guests, double the entrées, double the mains, double the desserts and double the pressure!

With Tim & Kyle fast tracked to finals, the remaining eight teams return to their own homes to cook for 16 guests, including judges Pete Evans and Manu Feildel.

The pressure is immense with teams having to serve two entrees, two mains and two desserts. At the end of the round, the team with the lowest score will be eliminated. Those who survive will join Tim & Kyle in Kitchen HQ to fight for the title of MKR champions for 2017.

First to host their Ultimate Instant Restaurant are mother and daughter team Valerie & Courtney. The food will be bold and breathtaking and with a dinner party as big as this, expect fun and fireworks!

So that would leave eight teams for the finals. I assume there would be quarter finals, semi finals and grand final like a knockout tournament? If it is correct, then this season would finish with 48 episodes, the same number as last season.

Last night was the first time Pete and Manu, as well as the six teams not in Valerie and Courtney’s group, to experience the Brisbane team’s instant restaurant and try their Indian cuisine. While the fish curry was faultless, the other five fishes received a mixed response. I don’t understand why Valerie did not stick to her guns and serve the Jalfragie sauce with lamb instead of duck? Did she change the recipe to suit the guests?

7.30PM WEDNESDAY ON MKR…

Can the serious siblings from Brisbane replicate the history-making success of their first Instant Restaurant? Plus, Josh shocks yet again with a jaw-dropping insult!

Record holders Amy & Tyson are concocting one of the most obscure menus imaginable. But when you’re plating to a critical crowd, will these risky moves be their ultimate downfall? Join judges Manu Feildel and Pete Evans as the best of the best compete at the biggest dinner parties in town for their place in the MKR finals and a shot at the $250,000 grand prize.

Josh today claims he was “blackmailed by producers”.

After Josh called a female contestant a “slut” after she served him dinner… …he was hounded by a particularly overzealous producer, who “badly” wanted him to discuss the controversial moment in their interview. “They [producers] were saying if I didn’t do certain things, they were going to portray that differently … and they were telling me how they were going to edit it unless I played ball,” he claimed.

But after admitting his comment was off-colour, and that he hadn’t used his “best judgment,” Josh awkwardly shut down any further questions about it. “Yeah, we’ll go onto the next comment, thanks,” refusing to speak when they pressed him on the topic.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/television/my-kitchen-rules-villain-josh-claims-he-was-blackmailed-by-producers/news-story/a3a8d8f185b91cfe94c0658d15e3ec30

I’m sure no-one will be surprised when this turns out to be a massive beat up that takes up little screen time.

2 Likes

The scoreboard and the cooking order of the super dinner parties was just shown. Interestingly, the three instant restaurants in Brisbane were bunched together (Della and Tully’s restaurant will be shown next Sunday) but the three Melbourne restaurants were separated by trips to Sydney (David and Betty) and Broome (Josh and Amy), finishing with Mark and Chris. I am sure if it was due to flight schedules and accommodation. A better order would have been Brisbane -> Sydney -> Broome -> Melbourne.

Why? Don’t you think it was probably planned a certain way so they can get the most drama from whichever contestants are struggling? Make them cook at a certain point in the competition and get the best outcome.

1 Like

Amy told News Corp that after Josh called her a slut in tonight’s episode, she put it at the back of her mind as she wanted to concentrate on the cooking and did not want to confront Josh in front of the judges and other teams. The following day Amy met Josh and told him the comment was unacceptable, and he apologised.

What was the context as to why he said it?

Amy was serving the meals to all the contestants and Amy said “Here You go, Seafood King” to which Josh replied “thanks Slut!”

I think Josh meant it as a joke, but it appears almost everyone else didn’t see it that way (and rightly so).

There’s a clip of it on the MKR Facebook page.

I’m sure that out of all the people in the room, at least one of them would have called him on it, to his face, immediately. But for whatever reason, that didn’t make the final cut.

To only show a couple of shocked faces and the commentary recorded later just wasn’t good enough. That kind of behaviour, if it does need to be included in the show, should be shut down immediately.

3 Likes

It looked like he was just trying to be a smartarse.

It seemed odd that he did it, since when they arrived at the front door they had been really pleasant to each other and she greeted him with “Hi, babe”.

1 Like

Clearly part of the script for tonights episode.