My Kitchen Rules

Josh and Amy barely survived last night’s cook off, their previous experience in ship’s galleys helped them a bit. It was another error filled contest, which must make the judges very frustrated. Josh may call himself “seafood king”, but his decision to cut the belly off the salmon just for even cooking time is puzzling. Pressures got the better of Kelsey and Amanda, the undercooked and under seasoned red curry leading to their elimination.

1 Like

From October 26 last year:

As it turns out it was for tonight’s sauce challenge with guest judge Curtis Stone. The winning team’s sauce will go on sale in Coles stores around Australia tomorrow, while stocks last.
Also according to a new promo, the super dinner parties start next week. This will be an expanded round of ultimate instant restaurants and I think it would decide the semi finalists much quicker.

7.30PM TUESDAY ON MKR…

You’ve never seen an elimination like this! As Mell & Cyn and Court & Duncan go head-to-head in Kitchen HQ, the real battle is between Josh & Amy in the viewing gallery. Is this the final straw? Will the #SeafoodKing have to go on alone?

Judges Pete Evans, Colin Fassnidge and Curtis Stone have sent business women Mell & Cyn and hipsters Court & Duncan through to Sudden Death at Kitchen HQ - two teams with ambition and pride who will put everything on the line to avoid going home. Will on-trend food outscore sophistication and style? And is this the final straw for Josh & Amy?

There is a two page article in this week’s New Idea on the clash between Josh and Amy in the viewing gallery (an excerpt can be found here). Josh admits he was pulled to one side by Pete and Manu after one tense exchange with Amy, and warned to back off for the sake of his marriage.

It was a typical sauce challenge last night. Valerie and Courtney deservedly won the cook off with their Anglo-Indian sauce based on a recipe passed down from Valerie’s father. I was surprised that Mell and Cyn fared badly with their dish because I felt they were one of the strongest teams.

7.30PM WEDNESDAY ON MKR

Welcome to Eat Street! The instant restaurants are back but this time it’s Australia that’s dining out. With MKR’s record-breakers cooking side-by-side, the scene is set for another showdown.

In the final location challenge, teams must demonstrate what they’ve learnt so far by recreating their instant restaurant in a suburban street, cooking from a kitchen in a shipping container. There’s no three course meal required this time – just one delicious main for the local residents to try. The catch - one team member must be head chef while the other will be maître d’, welcoming and serving the diners. Residents will visit the instant restaurant that appeals to them most and score it out of 10. The team with the highest score will win Neighbours’ Choice, be safe from the next elimination and receive a huge advantage at the next cook, while the two weakest teams, as decided by judges Pete Evans and Colin Fassnidge, will face Sudden Death elimination.

Finally a team scored over 40 in sudden death. Let’s hope it becomes the norm for the rest of the season.

I wonder if they will regret not reigning in one contestant who looks like he will take things way too far with the insults at the upcoming super dinner.

It was a decent sudden death cook off last night. Courtney and Duncan did very well with their entree and main. Mell and Cyn put up a good fight but were let down by their cooking techniques.

1 Like

Of course they’re not - contestants like Josh are reality TV ‘gold’

7PM SUNDAY ON MKR

The Super Dinner Parties are almost here and in tonight’s Sudden Death, teams will fight harder than ever to stay in the competition!

Judges Pete Evans and Colin Fassnidge have sent first loves Brett & Marie and footy friends Mark & Chris through to Sudden Death at Kitchen HQ. Two teams cooking their hearts out in an elimination that will shatter dreams.

You just know Sunday’s sudden death will be a snooze fest, given they didn’t even bother promoting it.

I notice that Paleo Pete is on Sunday Night this week.

Apparently the result of the next Sudden Death cook off is spoiled in the super dinner parties promo. You can clearly see one of the teams at a dinner party.

Here is what I think the schedule will pan out for this season’s final weeks.
Next week (March 26-29): sudden death + top 9 cook off + super dinner party part 1-2
April 2-5: super dinner party part 3-6
April 9-12: no show - start of Easter long weekend
April 16-19: super dinner party part 7-8 and semi finals (no show on Easter Sunday, so Seven may air semi final 2 on Thursday April 20)
April 23-26: possible semi final + grand final
With Logie Awards and possible season premiere of The Voice on April 23 and Monday night AFL on April 24, I am tipping the grand final will air on Wednesday April 26.

Edit: the producers had decided to add a cook off this Monday night (March 27) to decide the eight teams going to super dinner parties. Really unnecessary. Did not make too much difference cooking for 7 or 8 other teams.
It was a great idea to re-create the instant restaurants to some local residents. I hope it will be repeated next season.

What does that mean?

Did you mean recreate instant restaurants at their own houses?

The new promo doesn’t bleep out his insult this time. When Amy serves him his meal, he says: Thanks, sluts.

What a charmer.

Before tonight, the uncensored version of the promo has aired late at night - saw it a few times around 11pm last week

What a absolute tosser this guy is “5 Bricks sorry of a layer”

I can understand how some contestants can be made to look like more a villain than they actually are on these reality shows but this guy is doing it to himself.

I can’t understand why you would go on a national television show and act like such a fuckwit, :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: He must realise there will be consequences after he leaves the show.

2 Likes

Now that I hear that word, I think Josh has gone too far insulting Amy (of Amy and Tyson). If the promo is right, Manu had a word with Josh and Amy afterwards.

No, it was on a local street showcasing the cuisine from their instant restaurants.

Oh, I see. You were talking about the previous episode after talking about future episodes. You do my head in sometimes. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: