My Kitchen Rules

[quote=“JohnsonTV, post:896, topic:350”]
Seven made a huge mistake by showing a promo for Sunday’s elimination featuring Amy and Tyson midway through tonight’s BBQ challenge.[/quote]

They showed it a number of times, so I think it was deliberate. Seven is panicking. With ratings falling they are so desperate to bash viewers over the head with promos for the biggest episodes that they are willing to spoil the current episode. They are trying way too hard.

At least it’s been good to finally get out of the IRs for several episodes in a row.

Are beach barbies really an “iconic” Aussie favourite (Colin)? I can’t say I’ve ever seen a barbecue sizzling on the beaches I’ve been to.

2 Likes

Tomorrow night’s team challenge was held outside Club Marconi at Bossley Park in Sydney’s south west on October 16 last year, during the annual Pink Ribbon Motorcycle Ride which raised more than $40,000 for the Westmead Breast Cancer Institute. Some riders posed a photo with Colin and Pete.

2017?

The Pink Ribbon Ride website just announced this year’s date on its website, however it is using photos from last year’s event to attract entries and donations.

Tonight’s elimination cook off was full of mistakes by both teams: lack of seasoning, overcooking beef, too many ingredients on the plate etc. Amy and Tyson overcooking the steak for their main helped them in the end as the judges praised the flavours of oxtail and kidney stew. Damo and Caz’s menu looked promising but were let down by techniques especially not starting to poach pear during entree prep time.

2 Likes

7.30PM MONDAY ON MKR…

Get your motor runnin’ for a bake sale like no other! Teams are baking for 1,000 bikers – all in the name of charity.
It’s the 16th annual Pink Ribbon Motorcycle Ride and teams are joining the fundraising efforts with a bake sale. They must create delicious sweet or savoury baked treats to sell to more than 1,000 bikers when they return to the ride’s home base. Riders will then pay what they think their dish was worth.

The team who raises the most money for the Westmead Breast Cancer Institute wins Bikers’ Choice while the two weakest teams, as decided by judges Pete Evans and Colin Fassnidge, will face Sudden Death elimination in Kitchen HQ.

I just notice this season is being shown on TV2 in New Zealand, two weeks behind Australia. The episodes are also shown on Sunday to Wednesday nights.
The drone was put in good use with great shots of the stalls and the motorcade in tonight’s charity ride challenge.

Yes good scenery with the carpark surrounding the teams!

4 Likes

As soon as you hear a team say at the start of the episode that they’ve been in the sudden death cook off and don’t want to go back there you instantly know they will be one of the bottom two teams. Case in point being Caitie & Demi from tonight’s episode.

3 Likes

You have to fast forward those previews, coming ups and promos in the ad breaks to avoid all the spoilers Seven give you.

1 Like

Caitie and Demi brought it upon themselves by having both rosewater and salted caramel in their baking, which created a weird flavour. Mark and Chris was sent into sudden death by baking the donut instead of frying, which meant the donut was dry and burnt on the bottom.

1 Like

The next two episodes (tomorrow’s team challenge and Sunday’s elimination) were held on Carnival Spirit when it berthed at Sydney’s Circular Quay in October last year, according to Cruise Passenger website (minor spoilers).
I believe the challenge was timed to coincide with the 2016 World Leading Cruise Line Summit, which was held onboard Carnival Spirit in late October.

7.30PM WEDNESDAY ON MKR…

In our grandest challenge ever, teams set sail on the high seas but uncharted territory finds even the smoothest sailors calling mayday!

In an MKR first, teams set sail on the high seas but it won’t all be fun in the sun as they face one of their biggest challenges yet! Teams must deal with the elements as they cook canapes for 150 cruise ship passengers. The team with the most votes will win Passengers’ Choice and cruise safely through the next two eliminations, while the two weakest teams, as decided by judges Pete Evans and Colin Fassnidge, will face Sudden Death elimination.

The Sudden Death cook off’s have been very mediocre this season. No team has scored over 40 yet. Tonight was probably the worst so far with both teams doing terrible.

4 Likes

Tonight’s cook off was full of mistakes like Sunday’s. Mark & Chris cooked the beef fillet perfectly, which was the major difference between and Caitie & Demi. The girls tried to cut corners by blending the potato in a food processor instead of a ricer, which affected the texture of the gnocchi. Big mistake.

1 Like

So obvious the girls were crap cooks but were being kept around for their “bubbly personalities”.

That promo for tomorrow is a shocker. It’s like Seven hasn’t realised that the more stupid and OTT the promos become, the more tune out…morons!

1 Like

I agree that the promos are a big let down for the show. Could even be the biggest contributor to ratings dropping.

For last night’s episode they tried to make out like the showdown would become a case two friendly teams becoming “FRENEMIES”. It was nothing of the sort. In fact, they remained friendly through the competition and respected each other.

They boys were genuinely sad to see the girls be eliminated. The show also had a touching moment when Colin farewelled the girls. Having that in a promo could show viewers what they have missed and the show has heart but instead they’ve gone the aggro, fight club angle again for tonight. :rolling_eyes:

The show needs to have light and shade but at the moment the promos suggest it’s all dark.

4 Likes

Oh same here. I don’t even know what it means or where it’s come from. Has the guy even done anything to warrant a special nickname? Should we be bullying people with different personalities? The whole thing is so silly.

No he hasn’t. His sister said that it was his nickname when he got aggro. Just another case of the show leaping on something and hyping it up to be more than it actually is.

Latest release from Seven for your continued bemusement.

Tonight 7.30 on #MKR, teams set sail on the high seas where a Prawn War erupts between #angryangryman Tyson and #seafoodking Josh.

1 Like

I actually laughed while watching it yesterday.

That is the most pathetic thing ever to have been on Australian TV, I reckon.

It’s like a really bad shitty Daily Tele mocked up cartoon front page. Horrid.

2 Likes