My Kitchen Rules

[quote=“Chris, post:832, topic:350”][quote=“Firetorch, post:826, topic:350”]
Every instant restaurant has basically been a fail this season, save those two “record breaking” eps (where the food wasn’t even that spectacular compared with other seasons).
[/quote]
Yep exactly. I don’t know the scores for the third round but of the first two rounds there were 8 or 9 teams with scores in the low 60s or below. Despite those record breakers I don’t remember so many teams scoring so low.
[/quote]

Fake News! :laughing:

Here’s a comparison of scores:

2017 62, 61, 65, 26, 100, 102, 60, 95, 62, 43, 58, 52, 70, 60, 39, 69, -, -
2016 68, 89, 31, 59, 94, 97, 60, 95, 61, 85, 56, 38, 59, 51, 80, 57, 87, 32
2015 59, 58, 90, 68, 45, 40, 63, 46, 77, 45, 66, 73, 70, 71, 48, 56, 76, 57

Six above 70 in 2015.
Seven above 70 in 2016.
Four above 70 this year. Including two obviously ridiculously inflated high scores back to back.

Fake news indeed JBar.

1 Like

Hold on… like I mentioned 2017 seems to have more teams in the low 60s or below than previous years.

2015 has 8 restaurants above 65
2016 has 8 restaurants above 65
2017 has 5 restaurants above 65

So I am correct in saying that there are less high scoring teams this season (Yes even with another round or two to go its still lower).

1 Like

Good manipulation of the figures to spin your stories the way you want them. You guys have great careers in politics in your future. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

You said it’s the same as previous seasons. It’s not. Fake news.

1 Like

No, don’t change the story. Chris said there were more misses this year than previous seasons. I said my guess would be there would probably be as many misses as previous seasons.

Picking an arbitrary number where a it was a hit or a miss is doesn’t prove the point.

5 restaurants below 60 in 2017.
8 restaurants below 60 in 2016.
9 restaurants below 60 in 2016.
Therefore it could be deduced that there were many more misses in previous seasons.:wink:

See how viewing figures in different ways can be spun in any direction you want. :laughing:

No your comment was in relation to proportions of both.

No it wasn’t. It was in relation to fails and misses.

Chris asked asked whether “almost all of the restaurants this season” were epic fails and said it “seemed like there are significantly more misses this year than most other years”.

We don’t have to go back and forth, we can just read it in black and white.

You referred to hits too, and then said “it’s probably the same” as previous seasons.

That implies you were referring to all rounds. If you had said what you said about recording breaking efforts, but then only wanted to refer to misses, you would have said “I’d say there have been just as many” as previous seasons (losses).

The wording difference is subtle, but the form you chose indicates you were referring to proportions of both.

I know what I was referring to and it wasn’t what you’re banging on about.

Just go and watch Married At First Sight and leave us in peace. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Well, this is a discussion forum. If other people can’t understand what you’re referring to (and not just me either, but Chris too), then maybe you need to brush up on some grammar skills. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

[quote=“Firetorch, post:843, topic:350”]
Well, this is a discussion forum. If other people can’t understand what you’re referring to (and not just me either, but Chris too), then maybe you need to brush up on some grammar skills. [/quote]
It’s just another case of you flaming the situation to start a fight. You don’t need to resort to getting personal when you’re losing the argument.

So you don’t like MKR this year. Fair enough. A lot of people agree and that’s why ratings are dropping off. But I’m sure there are a variety of reasons why.

But you don’t have to make shit up to prove a point. That was my point.

You’re literally making shit up now to flame. What a hypocrite.

1 Like

You two can debate without getting nasty. Keep it civil please.

Sorry to hear that you found it too rich for your tastes :sleepy:

1 Like

My actual comment was that “of the first two rounds there were 8 or 9 teams with scores in the low 60s or below”. Based on the scores you provided my case still stands that there are more teams in the low 60s or below than previous years. So stop twisting things or putting words in my mouth.

1 Like

Yes it’s not fair when this is done by others, and then we have to respond forcefully just to hold our ground.

1 Like

There really is no reason to be forceful or aggressive here.

I wasn’t trying to do that at all. I was merely trying to show that this season is not that different to previous seasons.

You guys just keep trying to discredit this season and the show. Go ahead. Knock yourselves out. :rolling_eyes: But you don’t really have to bother since Seven are doing a good job doing that on their own. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

It was quite an emotional episode last night as Valerie and Courtney created traditional Indian dishes, including goat curry using the recipe from Valerie’s late father. The curry deservedly got 10/10 from both Colin and Darren. However like many other teams, Valerie and Courtney’s cooking was inconsistent (they held back on chilies in the garlic prawn entree fearing their guests might not like the heat), which meant they only finished on 72 points, which was enough to secure top spot in their group.
Caitie and Demi certainly dressed up for the occasion, Caitie even wearing a purple turban.

Bring on the Real Housewives of Wollongong slash Desperate Housewives of Wollongong. :stuck_out_tongue:

Latest promo - looks a bit desperate :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

They’ve had plenty to say around the table but can the Housewives of Wollongong, Mell & Cyn, actually cook or will things turn desperate?

Australia’s number one show #MKR returns Sunday 7.00pm

3 Likes