My Kitchen Rules

There is nothing controversial about that. Its a cooking show and the judges didn’t like an added ingredient. Woopdidoo.

These controversies are smelling sooooo desperate, I’m actually embarrassed for Seven and the people that have to put them together!

1 Like

Another nail-biting installment tonight according to this exciting release from Seven PR:

7.30PM MONDAY ON MKR…

It’s not just the food that falls apart in this kitchen of crisis!

You’re invited to the Lebanese-themed instant restaurant of Adelaide cousins, Lama & Sarah. While this family feud tastes good for some, will a night in the kitchen end belly up?!

1 Like

You have to wonder about the intelligence level of some contestants on MKR

Tonight one of the hostesses said

"Our restaurant is called ‘Sahtein’. In English, it means ‘Bon Appetit’ "

:smiley::smiley::smiley:

5 Likes

So apparently not having a high IQ is a requirement for MKR?

2 Likes

It helps when you want them to create epic fails. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

:joy:

Including the dopey people at Seven that decided to turn this show into a trashy First-Dates bitchfest this season, and have killed the show immediately! :smile:

Last night’s instant restaurant was an epic fail indeed. Cousins Lama and Sarah argued a lot during the cooking, which in some ways affected the quality and taste of the dishes they created.

1 Like

Hasn’t that been the case with almost all of the restaurants this season? It seems like there are significantly more misses this year than most other years.

2 Likes

There have also been record breaking efforts this year. At a guess, I’d say it’s probably the same as previous seasons.

More importantly did they get all 3 dishes up? I could nearly not sleep with this drama being floated around on the ads.

1 Like

The one they talked about in the promo was the dessert which took over two and half hours to make and ended up being slops on a plate. The problem initially was that she was using a metal whisker on a non-stick pot and the black coating came off into the custard. So they had to start again with a metal pot.

The entree was bad, the main was was worse and the dessert was an epic fail.

Lama and Sarah did get all three dishes up, although it took more than three hours to plate the dessert. When the cousins cooked the custard for the first time they noticed black bits which they reckoned were from the bottom of the pot, so they had to use a new pot which took up more time.

Old age catching up with you.

Every instant restaurant has basically been a fail this season, save those two “record breaking” eps (where the food wasn’t even that spectacular compared with other seasons).

1 Like

Applications are now open for season 9. I hope it will be a shortened season and finish right before next April’s Commonwealth Games.

1 Like

Yes, there’s been a lot more variations in scores this year…

From a record low of 26 to a record high of 102.

The Audience Score tonight out of ten was shown as 50. Good one, Seven. :laughing:

Must’ve caught it - I watched it on the SA feed as I missed the start and it said 5.

Brett and Marie wanted to score 96 points but received 69 points instead. Their dishes were inconsistent: the black pudding stuffed chicken was top notch but the tomato consomme was cloudy as the couple put mozzarella on the plate and pour the soup over it. The limoncello mousse had great presentation but it was quite rich.

1 Like

Yep exactly. I don’t know the scores for the third round but of the first two rounds there were 8 or 9 teams with scores in the low 60s or below. Despite those record breakers I don’t remember so many teams scoring so low.