My Kitchen Rules

Was that her tactic for discrediting the cooking?

I fastfoward most of the table chat and yet I’ve seen this lady say about 12 times already she doesn’t eat seafood. Who gives a flying f*ck? Don’t go on a cooking show then if you have an aversion? Are we supposed to be sitting at home, concerned, that the home cooks have failed because one of the diners can’t stomach fish?

5 Likes

@Firetorch I think you should consider going on a reality show. I have a feeling holding back won’t be an issue for you.

3 Likes

Haha, oh I’d probably end up giving Pete an earful and then be on the outs like Josh. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I’m sure when this person was cast they knew that she doesn’t like seafood and then purposely added her to a round that is going to have a lot of seafood in it. Typical gimmicks of MKR.

If producers are willing to cast someone that doesn’t like seafood on a cooking show then she should be able to score them however they want. Blame the producers (not the contestant) for putting such a fussy eater on a cooking show.

4 Likes

Which is quite a standard casting for any reality show really. Is it any different from Keira being chucked into I’m A Celeb as an intruder knowing that she’s a person who doesn’t do anything she doesn’t want to do and is bound to rub people up the wrong way?

Seven should just stop pretending that the show is really about cooking and rename it My Bitchin’ Rules :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

I thought they already had. :laughing:

No actually, they hadn’t JBar. You always act like any criticism of a show is invalid because “oh well, we all know how stupid the networks are, how stupid the programmes are, and how stupid the end viewers are. That’s to be expected!”.

It’s just such a rotten mindset.

It’s akin to seeing a supermarket pump up their meat products with hormone liquids, and then saying in response to any criticism “nothing to see here, we all know about that anyway”. Well, how about we know about it, we say its unacceptable, and we expect that behaviour to stop?

1 Like

It’s very different. She is there to provide her personality for viewers.

The woman who doesn’t eat seafood literally can’t contribute to the show because she is not able to critique other contestant’s dishes.

Oh yes, just this is the most lame-arse gimmick I’ve seen. I’m actually bored of hearing about her not eating seafood.

Not at all. The criticism is valid and I agree with it. The thing is, it’s been happening every year so I find it fascinating to see that some people are suddenly outraged by it now. If you go back and read the comments from people over the last few seasons, they were saying exactly the same thing about those seasons.

You must have missed the fact ratings have fallen off a cliff in the last 2 weeks. Obviously something is very different this season.

1 Like

:rolling_eyes: It’s interesting that even when people agree with you, somehow you still find a way to disagree and want to pick a fight. I’m sure you have all the answers and will reject any of my theories so I’ll let you keep on bitching about it, like a contestant on MKR. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Really? You were literally saying that you found it “fascinating” that “some people” (ie me) were “suddenly outraged”. Is it me that’s irritable, or you? :wink:

That’s OK, your publicist work for this programme today is done. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

[quote=“Firetorch, post:747, topic:350”]

I rest my case. :joy:

Yah, the case being that we should all shut up about a contestant on a cooking programme who doesn’t eat food.

Great case!

This is what Seven’s publicity department would like you to know about Sunday

7PM SUNDAY ON MKR…

MattTheRat insulted his wife… now it’s payback time for dethroned Seafood King Josh in a clash of the titans!

You’re invited to the “hobo boho” instant restaurant of fan faves, Della & Tully. They’re expected to serve up success, but some aren’t out to taste love as desperation sets in.

Josh and Amy will get through to the next round so whoever they are up against in the last round is gone.

No way. They should be putting more contestants like Keira on I’m a Celeb as those sort of people is what the show is all about in the UK. The whole point of the show is wannabe or D-Grade celebs are picked on and made fun of and Keira fits perfectly into that mould. Ten have just played it too safe on the casting here in previous season. MKR is a completely different story, putting people on a cooking show who are fussy eaters is ridiculous. The focus is completely on drama and causing scenes at the dinner table rather than the cooking. You would struggle to believe that it was a cooking show from most of the promos and as a result it has dropped 400k viewers in a week. Like TV Cynic mentioned it’s definitely My Bitchin’ Rules.

1 Like