My Kitchen Rules

I thought that was a much better episode tonight. Nice to have some emphasis back on the cooking again, rather than the First Dates flirting and chit chat.

LOL if you think that’s cynicism!

1 Like

I guess I was a little surprised that Bek and Ash got eliminated in Wednesdays sudden death cook off vs David and Betty.

As I was thinking that producers may look to find a way to keep the Bek and Kyle romance in the show somehow, even though there would be less opportunity to do so now that their instant restaurant round is over.

Well, Bek told News Corp that her romance with Kyle was now over months after the WA girls were eliminated. Bek had found a new boyfriend and she and Kyle are now just friends.
Low scores all round in last night’s cook off. After David and Betty left all the preparation for the steamed fish main in that one hour, causing the fish to be unevenly cooked, I thought that would be the end of the team. But they fought back with the bold dessert that was chilli salt fruits with sorbet. Bek and Ash stuck with the classics but did not let the ingredients shine.

I’m not watching next week, they all seem like stuck up assholes

You’re terrible, Muriel. That shoudl be arseholes. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

I went out for dinner last night so I was not able to catch up with the opening episode of group 2 until tonight, after watching the instant restaurant with the squealing sisters.
Albert and Dave are from Hong Kong like me, so I wanted their restaurant to succeed. Unfortunately, they spent too much time folding up the menu then making the potato nest for the fortune bag entree when they should have concentrated on the main component. The brothers also diverted from the traditional way of cooking hainan chicken which led to the meat unevenly cooked. The Hong Kong style egg tart saved their day.
I could not believe Courtney (who would cook with Duncan in tomorrow’s episode) cried when she heard the critiques for the dishes. I have never seen a contestant so sympathetic towards another team’s cooking.

Seriously all the promos for this week have been about the "incident’ blah blah now next ep promos showing a rivalry ugh no wonder the ratings have gone to sh*t. They don’t even show cooking in the promos now. :confounded:

4 Likes

Is this show about the cooking? Nah! Come off it. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Totally agree. In particular I noted this with tonight’s promo - it wasn’t even clear who’s cooking tomorrow. Just random snippets of people being nasty over the next few episodes.

This is why I’ve always preferred the Kitchen HQ episodes - 90% cooking, 10 % other contestants sniping. The proportions are way off for these instant restaurants nowadays.

It’s called My Kitchen Rules. So, yeah. If I wanted a flirt-o-rama, I’d watch First Dates. If I wanted to watch people being overtly nasty for the sake of it, I’d watch 20 females competing for 1 male on The Bachelor.

Amanda and Kelsey surprised me last night with a great score of 95.

To me, they didn’t come across as “serious” chefs until then with their very laid back and easy going style, as they tended to laugh a lot and were considered “noisy”.

But well done to them! I hope they go a long way in this years series.

Do you understand sarcasm? Hence the emoji. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

The success of the show lies with the cooking in the kitchen plus the dinner party aspects of the show.

The drop off probably lies with the repetitiveness in the editing and promotion. There is almost always drama and risk of disaster before every commercial break and then it is almost always sorted and everything is fine afterwards. They show way to many “coming up” bits in adverts, preview at the start of the show and before the ad breaks. Also, the overdramatised, hyped up “incidents” are getting irritating.

1 Like

Yep, not “My Cooking Rules”.

Sh*t, I forgot, most people use their kitchen to do their laundry.

:rolling_eyes:

1 Like

In the UK they do. :laughing:

1 Like

I was surprised with their cooking too. The ravioli and chocolate fondant were spot on. The snapper was well cooked, and could have got a higher score had the sisters not put too much salt on the skin.
It was funny to see Kelsey forgetting how to pronounce words like acidity, zestiness and even incredible :smile:

1 Like

[JBar] Ew cultural cringe, why aren’t we looking at what Australia does instead?[/JBar]

Ew? Why do you have to use an Americanism like that @Firetorch? :joy: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’d expect no less from a banker who can’t subtract 21 from 35. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

That was in your quote, remember. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I had to highlight the standard hypocrisy!