My Kitchen Rules

The second part of the article is much funnier as it concerns a Facebook post by NSW Police last night.

What timeslot can they realistically move it two and replace it with what? Do they even have anything, and as poor as this rates, would rate better? Might just need to suck it up and air the whole lot.

I dare say the sponsors wouldn’t be too happy. They would not have gone to market offering potential sponsors sub 400k.

There was an article going around late last year with what 7 were promising to advertisers. And I believe it was an increase in the 25-54 share. Which has not occurred.

Maybe MKR numbers will improve tonight, given it won’t have to compete with that railway doco again. :rofl:

That headline and opening part of that story is a beat up because as the article states further in:

The author has now conceded it was probably a mistake by the captioner, but hasn’t bothered to change the headline.

1 Like

You’ve hit the nail on the head. Some of the things MKR is doing this season like having ‘Champions’ & ‘Challengers’ groups with Manu & Colin each mentoring one of them aren’t actually bad ideas. It’s just the emphasis on the two teams + their mentor judges being so-called ‘rivals’ (and the many cringe-worthy ads which resulted from that) and the removal of pretty much all the elements which made MKR the show it was has resulted in viewers deserting the show.

The ad aspect reminds me of the season when MasterChef promoted itself as being about girls v boys and the show’s ratings fell as a result

2 Likes

It’s still a homophobic slur!

‘The author’* said from the get-go he didn’t believe the contestant said the line but that it was amistake by captioning. It doesn’t change anything

*Please note I am ‘the author’ :wink:

2 Likes

I think the point is that it implicates the person in the image, as it’s implied that he said that - even though it’s been clarified that he apparently didn’t.

Huh?

You can’t explain all that in a headline. I’m very clear in the story that I didn’t think he said it and the network has backed that up.

This is an embarrassing captioning issue that should never have happened.

I’m not really sure what I’ve done wrong here???

Could they move it to Wed/Thurs only away from MAFS and Survivor which I imagine will be Sun-Wed

Surprised no one has mentioned that they could move this to 7 Food Network :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

You should pay more attention. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Dammit! I’ve been beaten :joy:

Safe to say MKR is toast and will not be back in 2021 or a second season in 2020. 3 nights under 600k shows a trend.

1 Like

Just saw tonight on Seven a really long extended promo for next week showing all the drama and shocking things that supposedly happen. They have titled it ‘Super week’. This promo has desperation written all over it.

4 Likes

Should have been ‘Super weak’.

6 Likes

Was MKR always sun-thurs next week?

1 Like

Yes

1 Like

bit premuture to say its dead
MKR is too important franchice and Seven’s got a ton of sponsors on board

The comp can always go back to state vs state and have new judges !

1 Like