My Kitchen Rules

Planning for season 12 already?
Also notice the garden of the Bellevue Hill mansion in the background.

1 Like
1 Like

Assuming this report is correct, don’t like the idea of Seven airing 2 seasons of MKR in the same year (unless the post-Olympics season is substantially different)

1 Like

We’ve always known that the cooking was somewhat incidental to the appeal of MKR. Now it getting farcical, the extent to which Seven want to stretch the format to create tension. They should just bite the bullet and get rid of the cooking altogether and just have a series of dinner parties where people sit around a table and bitch about each other…

2 Likes

I don’t think 7 will go through with two seasons. It is probably talk and then will cancel out that idea early next year like they did this year.

3 Likes

Actually not a bad idea, then they could create an actual new cooking show to air after 2020 Olympics with Gary, George & Matt if that rumour has any truth to it.

1 Like

Unfortunately I think cooking is no longer the appeal it once was. I don’t know why seven are bothering with poaching the ex Masterchef judges. Yes there might be some initial interest but they are coming off a tired series and obviously viewers are a bit bored of them as tv personalities. 7 would be stupid to give them their own show.

1 Like

Well, they aren’t poaching them, considering they have quit Masterchef.

2 Likes

Yeah poor choice of wording.

2 Likes

Gary, George & Matt could host/judge My Restaurant Rules for Seven

Are you guessing?

It is only a guess/suggestion

1 Like

Could be intetesting if Seven did that and then ran it up against Mastechef.

1 Like

The Sunday Herald Sun says that Gary, George and Matt all have hold-back clauses on their contract with 10, thus they won’t be available to other networks until late 2020.
The same paper also says up to six Victorian teams could take part in the next season of MKR.

Tomorrow’s The Australian front page:

Edit: The Australian is hearing rumours that there will be two series of MKR next year with the second season late in the year to be hosted by Matt Preston and Gary Mehigan. Manu Feildel and Pete Evans will possibly be team coaches in that season.

1 Like

If the report is correct, I don’t understand the logic behind getting Matt & Gary to host an ‘aging’ show which is on the decline ratings-wise (even if it’s going to have a different format).

I would think it would make much more sense for them to host a completely new show/format

1 Like

Matt Preston says he is not doing MKR.

4 Likes

Just more Fake News from the Murdoch press.

1 Like

Which one? They’re both Murdoch reports.

2 Likes

It’s their modus operandi now. Put out a fake news story, force the subjects to comment and then print the response in an “alternative” outlet. Double click bait.

2 Likes
Get Connected: Like us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter