MTN On Air Presentation

Found some more MTN Television stuff

19 Likes

So obviously at one stage MTN did have a full brand seeing all those promos, although I don’t recall that font being used by Nine, must have been clean, although if so, I don’t understand why they’d use the cover-up when elsewhere they used the clean version.

1 Like

I assume that’d be where they are using generic promos for a show, vs ones they are just covering up a WIN promo for when they are weekly shows or one off specials where they’d be using a unique promo.

Kinda amusing now thinking about another station covering up a WIN logo, rather than the other way around…

Thanks for the caps @Zampakid - nice to see more of the odd local presentation.

4 Likes

Here’s a few more MTN Television stuff:
PRG:

Promo Endtags:

Censorship CSA:

MTN logos on Taxis:

15 Likes

Who owned MTN at this point, was it WIN?

2 Likes

It was still owned by Associated Media Investments (AMI) during that period. WIN then bought MTN and AMN in 1998.

source: https://www.acma.gov.au/sites/default/files/2019-11/Investigation%20into%20control%20-%20Associated%20Media%20Investments%20Pty%20Ltd_DMG%20Regional%20Radio%20Pty%20Ltd.pdf (page 12)

6 Likes

That PRG is reminiscent of RTS5A’s 1986 effort.

3 Likes

Here’s an MTN News bulletin from 1992

6 Likes

Another MTN9 bulletin from 1990, note the nine dots logo there, must have been new at that stage. Cuts off during the sport segment.

6 Likes

The Theme used for the MTN Regional News is called Good News by Keith Mansfield.

4 Likes

Interesting that MTN were still using scripts as late as 1992.

1 Like

I’m not surprised given it’s one of the smallest broadcast areas around. When did all other regional stations switch to autocues?

2 Likes

MTN-9 1979 ID. The music in this ID was In the Hall of the Mountain King.

ID starts at 8:06.
More MTN 9 Presentation from late 1970’s. - YouTube

2 Likes

Lmao, they couldn’t have found more mundane footage to pair with that piece of music if they tried!

2 Likes

I was half expecting someone to start sneaking up on people set to the music. Like a creepy sex pest. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Various MTN Television Griffith Promos:

6 Likes

On the subject of that “I Am” promo…what was Ed Phillips doing on Nine back in 1994-95 to get a spot in it?

3 Likes

A “Pot of Gold” revival, if Wikipedia is any indication.

3 Likes

I wonder if they dug Bernard King out of retirement for that one

1 Like

no they didn’t