Movies on TV

Seven will not be happy that it will not be able to complete its collection of Marvel movies. Still to come to FTA include Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, Thor: Ragnarok, Black Panther, The Avengers: Infinity War. I think Seven and Nine will fight it out to get these titles on its channels.

2 Likes

Will this be a first for Nine? @Zampakid

Previously aired on Seven and 10 when they respectfully had NBC-U licencing

If I’m not mistaken, Ten first aired the movie Gladiator on February 9, 2003.

First time on Nine, yes.

1 Like

Saw this at the cinemas, was really good. Also this FTA premiere is exactly two years to the month.

FTA premieres have come a long way since even 10-20 years ago, when it could be up to 3 or sometimes 4 years?

1 Like

9Go! promos at the moment for “Saturday Family Adventure Night” (probably for at least a couple of months judging by the slew of movies teased).

Which is just code for the re-runs the channel usually cycles through on Saturdays during a given year anyway (Hunger Games, Jursssic Park, Journey To the Centre of the world, Mirror Mirror and those supernatural-fantasy-gothic movies, etc).

I got tricked by the promo’s first shot which looked like Hogwarts from Harry Potter, but it was from something else (Seven have rights now).

“Hidden Figures” (2017) FTA premiere promo on 7Two

Edit

It is on the main channel in most markets

2 Likes

FTA premiere. From Seven’s long running content supply deal with Icon (the Mel Gibson founded production/distribution company with an Australian connection)

2 Likes

The Incredibles “9Go! premiere”

Previously aired on Seven

4 Likes

As I have feared, Seven is gradually losing Disney movies to Nine :expressionless:

1 Like

Why would you “fear” that and have a :expressionless: emoji, Johnson?

No idea why Nine are branding it a “premiere”, it aint. Aired on Seven many times during the late 2000s/early 2010s, like “Toy Story”.

1 Like

I could not find an emoji that showed my worried face.
Inevitably, Nine could get its hands on Star Wars Episode VI, VII and IX, Mary Poppins Returns, Toy Story 4, etc.

1 Like

Still not sure of why you’re worried?

Seven now have their hands on Harry Potter, DC Comics, etc. They also still have Marvel rights.

1 Like

Does it really matter which Network has the rights for most of these? They get pumped out 2-4 times a year anyway, regardless of Network.

3 Likes

To be fair, The Incredibles hasn’t been on FTA in years and I noted it at the time of Incredibles 2’s theatrical run last year. Seven must’ve lost the rights when their output was abandoned a few years back.

1 Like

I have been so used to seeing Disney movies and TV shows on Seven over the past 30 years, it is disappointing to find them appearing on Nine and Stan.
I feel their relationship is coming to an end (even without an output deal).

2 Likes

LOL .

fsir enough I guess

2 Likes

Widescreen Incredibles on 9Go!

1 Like

1 Like