Monday 19 April 2021

At breakfast Sunrise was just 11,000 ahead of Today with Today winning the three east coast markets.

In the key 25-54 ranking outside the top 20 Dancing with the Stars had the same rating as 10 News at 6pm and was beaten by Nine and 10’s 9.30pm programs.

6 THE PROJECT 7PM
7 SEVEN NEWS
8 A CURRENT AFFAIR
9 HOME AND AWAY
10 THE PROJECT 6.30PM
11 LAW & ORDER: ORGANIZED CRIME
12 HUGHESY, WE HAVE A PROBLEM
13 DANCING WITH THE STARS: ALL STARS - MON
14 10 NEWS FIRST 6PM

3 Likes

Pretty poor but not surprising for this show.

Wonder if it’s to do with MAFS doing really well the night before.

1 Like

From Nine:

PREMIERE OF LEGO MASTERS DOMINATES MONDAY’S PRIMETIME VIEWING

9Network was the winning network across the 5 City with People 25-54 , GS + Child and Total People .

Channel 9 was the primary channel of choice across the 5 City with People 25-54 , People 16-39 , GS + Child and Total People .

Lego Masters - Launch was Australia’s No.1 metro program of the night with People 25-54, People 16-39 and GS + Child.

Lego Masters - Launch was a dominant timeslot winner across the 5 City and in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Adelaide.

Today was the breakfast program of choice in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane.

9News was the No.1 program of the night with Total People in Sydney and Brisbane and the No. 3 program with Total People across the 5 City Metro and in Melbourne and Adelaide.

9News 6.30 was the No. 1 program of the night with Total People in Melbourne and the No 2 program with Total People in Sydney and Brisbane.

A Current Affair was a timeslot winner across the 5 City Metro and in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane.

Law & Order: Organized Crime was a timeslot winner across the 5 City and in Sydney, Melbourne, and Perth.

From 10

Network 10 (10 + 10 Bold + 10 Peach + 10 Shake):

• #1 network in 16 to 39s.
  • #2 network in under 50s and 25 to 54s.
  • Channel 10: Up 102% week-on-week.
  • Channel 10: #2 channel in under 50s and all key demos (25 to 54s, 16 to 39s and 18 to 49s).
  • 10 Bold: #1 multi-channel, #1 multi-channel in its key demo of over 40s.
  • 10 Peach: #1 multi-channel in its key demo of 16 to 39s.

MasterChef Australia - Launch:

• 670,000 capital city viewers (confirmed times).
  • Lifts 10’s timeslot audience 250% week-on-week.
  • #2 show in under 50s and all key demos.
  • #2 in its timeslot, #2 in under 50s and all key demos.
  • Biggest ever live stream launch.
  • Live stream audience up 26% compared with its 2020 launch.

The Project 7pm:

• #1 in its timeslot in under 50s and all key demos.

10 News First:

• #1 in its timeslot in under 50s and 25 to 54s.

Hughesy, We Have A Problem:

• #1 in its timeslot in under 50s and all key demos.
3 Likes

That was my point, no one has been watching ten in the last 3-4 week apart from The Project. their primetime lineup has rarely gone above 250k and on Sunday only just scraped above 100k.

There are also large size ads on trams, buses and public transport shelters across the country so people will have noticed MC is coming.

1 Like

Yeah but unless people with Oztam boxes saw them, it’s pointless for FTA. Apparently people online saw them though :joy:

I’m not surprised by MasterChef. Ten has been in a slump so the MasterChef launch hasn’t had the best exposure. Plus it was a pretty boring launch ep - they need to start it off with something more exciting than these contestant audition things which feel dated. I was very quickly getting bored. I also think the promos were weak in general - they should have focused more on out of the kitchen stuff that they couldn’t do last year but instead they were pretty standard in kitchen promos that felt like the same old.

I think I agree here. The damage from the lack of audience TEN has had over the past few weeks definitely seems more damaging - if they’re going to air dead air why not just do it at the end of the year and at least launch and maintain strong momentum until at least the start of Q4.

1 Like

The premiere of Masterchef and Lego Masters were down from last year. However, Lego Masters was still Number 1 in all demos and Masterchef was Ranked number 2 in demos.
DWTS managed to improve from the previous episode.

Is it any wonder that Australian TV viewers are increasingly flocking to the streaming services when commercial FTA continues to dish up the sort of programming it had after 7.30pm last night?!

…and at the Royal Easter Show during the first 12 days of April, one really has to wonder if spending a not insignificant amount on advertising MasterChef there was worth it to only receive 180k Sydney viewers just over a week after said major event ended.

3 Likes

Just came in here to gloat about the terrible performance of Masterchef ooo eee. That’s bad. Endless promotions for months and still only a measly figure and share, especially compared to last year. Yes it had a last minute day change and the judges are no doubt cheaper than the original trio but Ten must be in a tizzy. Advertisers must be fuming.

On a positive note, well done to H&A. Great to see quality well produced Australian drama thriving.

Huh? Home and Away rated lower than Masterchef.

5 Likes

no, they’ll just keep digging old ones out of the woodwork for another “re-boot”

1 Like

Those are strong words your using.

2 Likes

It produced one of its best ratings for the year. I was not judging it against the competition only itself.

Actually they don’t even share timeslots so why are you bringing Masterchef into this?

I also never said it beat Masterchef either. Next.

No not at all.

Calling Home & Away quality is questionable.

3 Likes

Some would argue H&A compared to Neighbours at the moment is better quality though? I mean over 600k metro vs barely 100k. A family member said exactly that recently (they had stuck with Neighbours the last few years - I stopped again right after Sonia’s Beach death - they enjoyed the Finn storyline et al. immensely but apparently recent month or two have been “boring” and they saw promos for H&A with all the more darker/edgier action/thrilling stuff and said “wow that actually looks really good why can’t Neighbours be doing that”. Just saying. (For the record, I couldn’t give a toss about H&A either, haven’t watched since 2008 or 2009).

1 Like

Neighbours does better from a diversity POV compared to H&A’s white bread casting (although recent allegations of racism on the set seems to pull that shine off).

Both shows are about the same same otherwise.

2 Likes

Because you slammed Masterchef for its ratings performance and praised Home and Away for its ratings. Masterchef rated higher with a weaker lead-in. Home and Away rated lower with a much higher rating lead-in.

Discussing ratings here since this is a ratings thread, after all.

3 Likes

Does diversity = quality though?

But diversity yes, one hundred percent agree with you on that.