Monday 15 June 2020

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fa962039158>

He never said it was better but it’s still doing ok. It’s competitive in the demos and total people. It was massive on catch up as well. Total people are only a small part of what makes a show successful.

2 Likes

Personally I hated the Nine years but I was referring to the 2008 season on Ten and 2014 season on Nine respectively when I said this version was better.

Great to see Have You been Paying Attention continue to do well and Kinne Tonight has strong ratings for its timeslot. Should get the green light for another season.

3 Likes

Bring back Big Brother Uncut, that’s the only decent part of the show :laughing:

3 Likes

Big Brother continues to decline each episode. Where were all those people that supposedly “forgot” to watch Big Brother on Sunday because it premiered on a Monday? Did they forget again? :rofl:

MasterChef very well in demos and The Voice really levelled out with Big Brother.

HYBPA is also still showing every network that shows post-8.30pm can rate.

4 Likes

Plus a show at 9:45pm can as well.

3 Likes

Seems that viewers like to watch live sport but don’t care about politics of sport as discussed in last night’s show. Q&A cannot be selective when it comes to topics to be canvassed, it just has to bear the low ratings from time to time.

4 Likes

would;ve been better to keep BB on Mon, Tue and Wed

5 Likes

i was on ABC, heard that Q&A was a sports episode and changed the channel. clearly a lot of other did too. thats probably the last time sports and Q&A will cross paths.

Q and A’s ratings have dropped since this:

That episode rated 502,000, and the numbers have fallen significantly since - the next week was down by 150,000 and they have been falling since.

Agreed - there was a boost in ratings for The Voice because of that ‘cheating scandal’ last night. I’m guessing numbers will drop next week once they go onto the next round - but it seems like Voice viewers prefer Masterchef to Big Brother as Masterchef always get a boost when The Voice isn’t on.

1 Like

Looks like the slight drop in ratings for Masterchef and The Voice last week was just temporary with the BB premiere. Both their ratings have steadied out again - good to see Masterchef is consistently rating higher in both demos and total viewers than Voice and BB.

1 Like

BB is still the #4 show on TV right now in 25-54 after Master, AFL and HYBPA and Seven’s #1 by far

Contéxt.

True but I was an advertiser wanting to target the 16-39 and 18-49 demos, I’d personally feel that my money would be better spend on time during MasterChef & Have You Been Paying Attention than Big Brother!

Yeah, I agree about that. Big Brother might be renewed if it can average above 650k in Total People for this series, but probably not much lower!

It’s probably fair to say that the type of viewer who likes sport is by and large very different to the viewer who gets a kick out of Q&A!

3 Likes

That doesn’t make sense, if it’s number4 AFTER AFL and it also airs on Seven, it can’t be Sevens #1

1 Like

That doesn’t make any sense when it was beaten by the voice in that demo last night…

2 Likes

You’re forgetting that Seven’s target demo is 25-54 - as long as Big Brother continues to be competitive in the demo, it’s doing Seven wants it to do. However, the show will be in trouble if it falls out of the top 5 - especially considering it’s total viewer numbers keep dropping night-after-night

5 Likes

Genuine question. If Big Brother still had those factors which viewers loved such as live evictions and all the companion shows would the show still drop episode after episode?

I ask this because I am observing a trend with all of Seven’s realities that they always drop every episode instead of stablising or rising, regardless of quality. Maybe viewers just don’t want reality on Seven and even if shows like Masterchef, Survivor aired on Seven it would still rate like crap.

I don’t think so - with fierce competition in Masterchef and The Voice, it would be boring to watch housemates sit around and talk all day. The old fanbase would stay loyal but I highly doubt new viewers would stay around for the previous format. Maybe the live eviction episodes would rate well but the rest of the week wouldn’t.

BB still averaging a higher 25-54 rating than the voice for now. 2 out of the 3 times they’ve aired against each other BB was higher.

1 Like
Get Connected: Like us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter