Mock Schedules

On the main channel in the mornings is where i mean battling against Seven and Nine. Who wants to watch news content that can be up to 60 hours old (eg Fridays CBS This Morning airing 4:30am Monday).

I think that Ten have really given up over the last 10 years and need to do something. I think CBS buying Ten was a pointless exercise unless they actually start programming it properly. Surely, CBS arent making money out of with how little they are actually doing.

No, I dont think there is much difference between airing it at 11am as opposed to 12pm. If one thinks there is, The Talk and Dr Phil could be swapped around. Another possibility is placing cooking shows at 11am, and having Dr Phil at 2pm followed by The Talk. Then if The Talk has a break, Ten could screen a repeat (PG rated) episode of Dr Phil.

Ten are still supposedly airing ALL NEW Judge Judy. I am thinking that there is no difference in what you air in that slot - a CBS distribution program or a cooking show. I thought an alternative would be an encore of ET if the overlords (as you put it) favour a CBS distribution program.

10 are not airing new Judge Judy. New episodes finished a while ago now. The last new episode aired Monday 13 December 2021.

There certainly is, Tenā€™s owner generates revenue (through its worldwide distribution arm) running their content on Tenā€™s channels. That was the main reason they bought Ten, not just to protect their output deal but ensure easy passage for their own produced content in this market.

And in this situation, CBS as is used to be still want to generate as much as they can from that program in repeats, saving a lot of money for them. Once they take it off, interest will dwindle further and theyā€™ll make even less money out of it.

1 Like

Something that could work for Nine at 7.30:

Part 1:

Married at First Sight

Part 2:

The Circle/Lego Masters/Parental Guidance

Part 3:

Australian Ninja Warrior/Beauty and the Geek/The Brain Australia

Part 4:

The Block

Part 5:

SnackMasters/Travel Guides/The Crystal Maze Australia

Part 6 (Summer):

60 Minutes Summer/Hamish and Andy/Travel Guides/The Crystal Maze Australia

CBS stations keep airing old episodes, often back to back on weekdays. Still rates very well.

1 Like

Studio 10 has had its day. Will need a new title. Little interest in it these days.

1 Like

If Ten were to use a new title perhaps it could be This Morning.

If Ten were to do a morning reset, it could do something different to what i proposed above. It also would require spending some money, which Ten might not do

6:00am Ten Morning News
6:30am Good Morning Australia (original format revived - News and public affairs)
8:30am This Morning with Tristan MacManus and Angela Bishop
10:00am The Talk
11:00am Ten Late Morning News with Narelda Jacobs
12:00pm The Long Lunch with Sarah Harris
1:30pm Dr Phil
2:30pm ET

1 Like

What if Nine launched a news channel?

WEEKDAYS
5:00am Nine News Early Edition (simulcast, from Sydney)
5:30am: Today (simulcast, from Sydney)
9:00am Today Extra (simulcast, from Sydney)
11:30am: Nineā€™s Morning News (simulcast, from Sydney)
12:00pm: Chrisā€™s Finance (hosted by Chris Kohler, from Melbourne)
1:00pm: Nine News World (from Perth)
2:00pm: Politics show (from Canberra or Sydney)
4:00pm: Nineā€™s Afternoon News (National from Perth)
5:30pm: A Current Affair Early Edition (from Sydney)
6:00pm: National Nine News (national version of Nine News from either Adelaide or Perth, like with ABC making a national news for the news channel)
7:00pm: A Current Affair (from Sydney, simulcast)
7:30pm: Nineā€™s Sporting News (from Melbourne)

MONDAY, WEDNESDAY
9:00pm: Footy Classified
10:00pm 100% Footy
11:00pm: Nineā€™s Late News (from Perth)
11:30pm: Nine News World (repeat)
12:30pm: CNN

TUESDAY
9:00pm: Under Investigation (simulcast, repeat if not on)
10:00pm: Nineā€™s Late News
10:30pm: Nine News World (repeat)
11:30pm: CNN

THURSDAY
9:00pm: 60 Minutes Classics
10:00pm: Nineā€™s Late News
10:30pm: Nine News World (repeat)
11:30pm: CNN

FRIDAY
9:00pm: This Week (from Sydney)
10:00pm: Nine News World (repeat)
11:00pm: CNN

SATURDAY
5:00am: CNN
7:00am: Weekend Today (simulcast)
10:00am: Today Extra (simulcast)
12:00pm: Under Investigation (Tuesdayā€™s episode)
1:00pm: Domain Houses (canā€™t think of a good name, from Melbourne)
2:00pm: Nine News World (from Perth)
3:00pm: Nine News Regional (similar to ABC News Regional/WINā€™s All Australian News, using resources from WIN, from Sydney)
4:00pm: Nine News at 4 (from Melbourne)
4:30pm: The Sporting Wrap-Up (from Sydney)
5:00pm: Nine News at 5 (from Melbourne, simulcast)
5:30pm: A Current Affair Early Edition
6:00pm: National Nine News (from Perth)
7:00pm: A Current Affair (simulcast)
7:30pm: ?
11:00pm: CNN

SUNDAY
5:00am: CNN
7:00am: Weekend Today (simulcast)
10:00am: Sports Sunday (simulcast)
11:00am: The Sunday Footy Show (AFL)
1:00pm: The Sunday Footy Show (NRL)
3:00pm: Nine News Regional (from Sydney)
4:00pm: Nine News at 4 (from Melbourne)
4:30pm: The Sporting Wrap Up
5:00pm: Nine News at 5
5:30pm: Nine News World (from Adelaide)
6:00pm: National Nine News (from Perth)
7:00pm: 60 Minutes (only simulcast if at 7pm on main channel, otherwise earlier)
8:00pm: ?
9:30pm: Nine News Late
10:00pm: Nine News World
10:30pm: CNN

3 Likes

Seems like a wasted opportunity to me. Nine owns a Talk radio network and none of their personalities have shows.

Also it seems like itā€™s based off the ABC News schedule and not Sky News who would also be a competitor.

Rolling News wouldnā€™t rate as well as shows like Mitchell, Hadley, Fordham or Breen in a TV format.

I canā€™t see it happeningā€¦ yet. But if so, Iā€™d throw in ā€œNine News Nowā€ for the arvos, and an Entertainment News Show somewhere in the mix too.

Iā€™ve suggested this before but I think thereā€™s merit in 10 counter-programming the other networks, ie.

Monday-Thursday
5pm: Ten News First
6pm: The Ten Report [1]
6:30pm: Stripped reality
7:30pm: Tenā€™s comedy/drama content
8:30pm: The Nightly [2]
9:30pm: The Project

[1]: The Ten Report is an ACA/TT tabloid current affairs show. I hate them but ACA rates, provides an alternative to the news bulletins at 6, maybe gives former TT viewers something to watch, and is probably pretty cheap to make given thereā€™s no actual journalism involved, especially as Iā€™m picturing this to be super trashy, lowest common denominator stuff. Lisa Wilkinsonā€™s if she wants it - otherwise, as I suspect she mightnā€™t want to go for something so low rent, give it to Sarah Harris, she can have something in primetime instead of a morning show nobody watches.

[2]: The Nightly is a US style late night show, preferably hosted by Shaun Micallef.

I think that 6.30 might be too early for a reality show. Here is my take on 10 for Monday to Thursday:

5.00: News
6.30: The Project Express (news, current affairs, serious interviews)
7.00: Stripped reality TV (8.00 factuals if reality fineshes early)
8.30: Drama / variety ( NCIS / HYBPA / Cheap Seats etc)
9.30: The Project (news, celebrity gossip, long form interviews)
10.30: Dramas
11.30: Late Show with Stephen Colbert

1 Like

CHANNEL 10 IN 2023

(6 Weeks)
7:30 Iā€™m a Celebrity
8:30 Good News Week (SUN), Would I Lie to You (MON), Courtney Closet (TUES), 48 Hours (WED), Dirty Laundry Live (THURS)

(4 Weeks)
7:30 Hunted Australia
8:30 Good News Week (SUN) Thank God Youā€™re Here (MON) Return of Superman (TUES) 48 Hours (WED) Gogglebox (THURS)

(4 Weeks)
7:30 Come Dine With Me
8:30 Good News Week (SUN) Thank God Youā€™re Here (MON) The Dog House (TUES) 48 Hours (WED) Gogglebox (THURS)

(8 Weeks)
7:30 Survivor Australia (SUN, MON, TUES) The Bachelor (WED THURS)
8:30 Good News Week (SUN) HYBPA (MON) Cheap Seats (TUES) 48 Hours (WED) Great Escape (THURS)

(8 Weeks)
7:30 Masterchef (SUN, MON, TUES) The Masked Singer (WED, THURS)
8:30 Good News Week (SUN) HYBPA (MON) Cheap Seats (TUES) 48 Hours (WED) Bachelor in Pardise (THURS)

(6 Weeks)
7:30 The Masked Singer (SUN, MON) The Amazing Race (TUES, WED, THUR)
Good News Week (SUN) HYBPA (MON) Cheap Seats (TUES) 48 Hours (WED) Gogglebox (THURS)

October - November (4 Weeks)
7:30 Traitors (SUN, MON, TUES) Love Boat (WED, THURS)
8:30 Good News Week (SUN) HYBPA (MON) Cheap Seats (TUES) 48 Hours (WED) Gogglebox (THURS)

(6 Weeks)
7:30 Alter Ego (SUN, MON) Tough As Nails (TUES, WED, THURS)
8:30 Good News Week (SUN) HYBPA (MON) Cheap Seats (TUES) 48 Hours (WED) The Bachelorette (THURS)

(4 Weeks)
7:30 The Circle Australia
Good News Week (SUN) HYBPA (MON) Cheap Seats (TUES) 48 Hours (WED) The Bachelorette (THURS)

Based off Nineā€™s recent upfronts, Iā€™m making a mock schedule for Nine in 2023 (with some changes, some are veering into fantasy land):

P1

MAFS (Sun-Wed)

P2

The Circle (Sun-Wed)

Then

Lego Masters (Sun-Mon), Race Across the World (local) (Tues-Wed)

P3

Australian Ninja Warrior (Sun-Tues) (one last chance), The Brain (Wed) (New show)

Then

The Summit (Sun-Tues), The Brain (Wed)

P4

The Block (Sun-Wed)

P5

Dream Listings (Sun), Parental Guidance (Mon-Tues), Travel Guides (Wed)

Then

Dream Listings (Sun), SnackMasters (Mon-Tues), Travel Guides (Wed)

Love Island (Mon-Thurs) (8.30)

Summer

60 Minutes Summer (Sun), RBT + Paramedics (Monday), Travel Guides (Tues), The Crystal Maze (Wed)

Gone

My Mum Your Dad, Gordon Ramsayā€™s Food Stars (You donā€™t need that many love shows, or cooking shows. They can go to Stan as first-run reality).

Sevenā€™s 2023 Lineup (7:30pm)

Quarter 1: Dancing with the Stars (SUN), Australiaā€™s Got Talent (MON-WED)
Quarter 2: Big Brother (SUN-WED)
Quarter 3: Ninja Warrior/The Voice
Quarter 4: SAS Australia/Australian Idol

Iā€™m not really familiar with 9s shows. What shows are fantasy?

Iā€™ve only used fantasy because those shows are the ones Iā€™d like to see on Nine but we probably never will:

• The Circle (on Netflix so kinda impossible)
  • Race Across the World (might not be something Nine goes for now that Amazing Race has flopped)
  • The Brain (good format but donā€™t think itā€™s Nineā€™s type of show)
  • The Crystal Maze (again good format thatā€™s different from your usual reality claptrap).

A bit of a radical change to 10ā€™s current schedule and just an idea:

WEEKNIGHTS
5:00 10 NEWS
6:00 The Early Project
6:30 Deal or No Deal
7:00 Reality Tentpole
8:30 Drama/Light Entertainment
9:30 The Late Project
10:30 US Shows

As much as I donā€™t watch weeknight game shows, I would like to see a revival of Deal or No Deal on Channel 10. I think that they will have a different set, a new voiceover guy and a new host. For a new host, I am particularly leaning towards Shane Crawford.

2 Likes

A bit of further ideas to my 10 schedule including some show ideas:

ALL YEAR ROUND
5:00 10 News
6:00 Early Project
6:30 Deal or No Deal
*Hosted by Sam Pang
7:00 Reality Block
8:30 Entertainment/Drama Block
9:30 Late Project
10:30 US Procedurals

BLOCK 1
January

SUNDAY-THURSDAY - Come Dine With Me Hosted by Poh Ling Yeow

BLOCK 2
February
SUNDAY-THURSDAY - The Circle Hosted by Gretel Kileen

BLOCK 3
March - April
SUNDAY-TUESDAY - Survivor Australia
WEDNESDAY-THURSDAY - Task Master

BLOCK 4
April - June
SUNDAY-THURSDAY - Iā€™m A Celebrity Get Me Outta Here

BLOCK 5
June - August
SUNDAY-TUESDAY Masterchef Australia
WEDNESDAY-THURSDAY Alter Ego

BLOCK 6
August
SUNDAY-TUESDAY Hunted Australia
WEDNESDAY - THURSDAY The Bachelor

BLOCK 7
September
SUNDAY - TUESDAY Secret Hitler Based off the board game two teams one liberal one fascist battle it out to either kill or keep the Secret Hitler alive
WEDNESDAY - THURSDAY The Bachelor

BLOCK 8
October
SUNDAY - TUESDAY The Amazing Race
WEDNESDAY - THURSDAY The Masked Singer

BLOCK 9
November
SUNDAY - TUESDAY The Apprentice Australia
WEDNESDAY - THURSDAY The Masked Singer